My Top 10 Feel-Good Movies!

Thursday 1 December 2016




Hello, Everyone! 
I'm kicking off the start of December (and blogmas) talking about some of my favorite characters and movies! I'm talking about the ones you watch on a Friday night after a long day at work, that you know will just lift your spirits. 

As much as I love my superhero films, and maybe a little bit of Star Wars, there are some movies that I don't have to think much about and have a cute romance to follow. I can just put it on and have a giggle, nothing serious.You know, the feel good kind!


Cinderella

Even though it's live-action and one of the newest Disney films, Cinderella is probably my favorite film to watch. We all know the story and have seen the stunning blue dress that's made from butterflies and magic. The transition from animation to live was perfect me, from the mice to the pumpkin carriage. I'm not usually a "princess" kind of girl, but this movie makes me want to go a ball in a puffy dress and dance around until midnight.


Meet the Robinsons

This has to be one of the most under-rated Disney movies ever made. I never grow tired of watching it and I actually enjoy it more than some of the classics. It's a movie all about family and finding somewhere you belong. The main character Lewis is an orphan and an inventor, that meets another boy from the future and his hilarious household. There's so many quirky characters that make you laugh, and the message that come across is so heart-warming. I cry at the end Every. Single. Time. 


About Time 

I've always loved the concept of this one. The male members of Tim's family can travel through time and change certain events. He, of course, uses it to get his dream girl, but things don't always go smoothly. This isn't your average rom-com though, there's a big emphasis on family and doing the right thing. It's one of the sweetest movies that gives me feels every time.


Bride Wars 

I can't tell you how many times I have watched this chick-flick. It's just one of those films that you can switch off to and have a laugh. I find a lot of my own qualities in Kate Hudson's character Liv; she's stubborn, a little bossy, and loves food! I really enjoy the wedding planning element of this movie, plus it stars a young Chris Pratt. This one is at the top of my go-to Friday night list. 


 Mary Poppins 

I don't really need to explain this one, do I? The catchy tunes, Julie Andrews, the animation come to life. It's a classic and it cheers me up every single time. I really wish I had a friend like Bert to dance around with!




50 First Dates 

There are so many sweet things I can say about this movie. I absolutely adore Drew Barrymore and her character is so lovely and quirky, yet she doesn't let anyone boss her around. I think every girl likes to know that she's worth all the chasing and I love that Adam Sandler's character doesn't give up. Plus, they filmed it in Hawaii! My favorite place on earth. It has everything a feel-good movie needs.


Legally Blonde 

I recently watched this one again and remembered how inspiring Elle Woods is. Not only is she kind to everyone, but she also gets right back up when everyone pushes her down. She always reminds me that no one can tell you that you're not good enough. I can't think of a more uplifting movie if I ever need one.


This Means War 

I haven't sat down and watched this one in a while, but I would in a heart-beat! What's better than a Tom Hardy movie? Having Chris Pine (and those big blue eyes of his) in the same film. They're basically both trying to win over the same girl (Reese Witherspoon) while making adorable messes of themselves. Did I mention they're both spies as well? No wonder she has trouble choosing one of them. It's funny with a bit of action and not one, but two leading men; you can't go wrong.


Hairspary 

Oh the music, the dresses, the adorably young Zac Efron! There's so much fun and heart in this movie that you can't help but tap your feet along to it. I think what I like most about it is that the morals behind it e.g don't judge a book by it's cover and good will always triumph evil. Tracy doesn't let negative people get to her and she won't judge you for a single quirk. This movie is just really uplifting and perfect for when you're not having the best day.


The Parent Trap 

Nothing like a bit of nostalgia! I don't know how many times I watched this as a kid, but I've always loved it. I could never decide which sister had it better: riding horses on a ranch in California or being cozy in England. Either way, I wanted to be them! I also love all the pranks the girls pull on each other at camp and them discovering that they actually are sisters. Peanut butter and Oreos are still the best idea ever.



Those are my top 10 feel-good movies! I'd love to know what some of your favorites are down in the comments :)

Steph x.



14 comments :

  1. These are some great feel good films, I love Hairspray!

    Ella xx
    www.inellaselement.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hairspray is so good, I've been wanting to watch it a lot lately :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. I love legally blonde, never fails to cheer me up.

    Tasha x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? Elle Woods is the best. Glad you like it too!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. YES!!! Meet The Robinsons is one of my absolute favorite Disney movies. I love when I hear that other people love it too. It's such a fun and crazy funny movie! I was just watching it the other day. One of my favorite movies to just throw on is Forgetting Sarah Marshall. I love Mila Kunis and I quote this movie all the time. There's so many good moments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm so glad you like Meet the Robinsons too! I think more people need to watch it. I like Forgetting Sarah Marshall as well, Mila Kunis is the best :D
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. One of my feel-good movies would have to be Mamma Mia! I've watched it so many times before but I never get tired of it & the songs always put me in such a great mood :) Legally Blonde is a good one too x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bloody love Mamma Mia!! It's so fun, and the whole Greek island wedding setting is just the dream! x.

      Delete
  5. Bride Wars is one of my faves too :)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I've watched it so many times. Kate Hudson is the best :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  6. I agree with a lot of these! My gf doesn't understand why I rewatch movies, but I love how simple it is to just pop something on and not have to pay too much attention!

    Aisling | anthologie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you, I can watch movies countless times and still love them. Yes! It's great to not have to think. Just something easy to make you feel warm and fuzzy :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  7. Legally Blonde is perfect & Hairspray always cheers me up! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! The character are just so good. Elle Woods is my idol haha x.

      Delete