A Christmas Day Photo Diary

Monday 26 December 2016






















I can't believe another Christmas has come and gone, but what a day it was! I spent the morning prepping food in the kitchen beside my Mum. Once everyone else was out of bed, we all exchanged gifts. The plan was to then have our big brunch together, but my Grandad arrived early so we all got changed as quickly as we could and got ready for lunch instead. 

I had to leave at 3.30pm for a shift at work (no holidays for hospitals) but on my way in I saw some families all enjoying time together in the park. It wouldn't be a Kiwi Christmas without playing with a plastic cricket set on the green! Ah, memories.

After rushing all day I was ready to just relax when I got home and enjoy some dessert. I forgot to take photos, but my profiterole trifle turned out amazing! I filled them with butterscotch custard, then layered some cream and whisky syrup. Yum! I also got completely spoiled with Star Wars goodies and fitness gear by someone very special. Feeling like a very lucky girl! It was lovely to finish the night by watching Captain America and devouring so more chocolate. 

I hope everyone had a great day with loved ones and ate lots of delicious food! And don't feel bad for binging on a few mince pies, we've all been there. 

What did your Christmas look like? 
Steph x.



6 comments :

  1. I love your collection of photos, especially the food it looks very tasty! Looks like you had a great Christmas and have some great snippets to keep as memories! :D

    Emmie
    www.carpediememmie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I always love taking pictures around Christmas time to remember. Hope you had a wonderful day too :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Steph your Christmas looked AMAZING!! I swear you and your mum need your own restaurant, my mouth is watering looking at all that food and it's so pretty too. Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! :) Great post!
    Kelly xxx

    www.theblossomtwins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly! Haha I'll tell her that. I definitely get my love of cooking and food from her :) I watched your Christmas vlog and it was so awesome! I loved seeing what you got up, especially that market.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. All of that food looks delicious! Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas!

    Katie | www.overthemoony.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly was! I hope you had an amazing Christmas too :)
      Steph x.

      Delete