Daily Blog: Waffle Recipe & New Tattoo!

Thursday 1 December 2016




Happy Thursday and start of December everyone! 





Guess who stayed up too late watching Supernatural and left scheduling tweets to the last minute again? This girl! I'm pretty tired today, but my Crossfit squad are waiting. I'll take some pre-workout and be good to go!



That was a tough round today:

20m Farmers Carry (10kg plates)
10 Toes To Bar (I used the rings)
20 Kettle Bell Swings 

As many rounds in 11mins. It was all grip, so our forearms got a bloody good workout today. None of us could pick up the gear afterwards because our hands were dead too! I must say my TTB are getting better. I can't fully do them all the way to the bar yet, but my legs are getting higher. 




We moved onto thrusters after that (front squat, then thrust barbell overhead.) I hadn't done them before, but they're actually really fun. I managed to build up to 35kgs, which I was proud of. As a rookie, my strength is finally building and I'm so happy about it. Our coach is really pushing strength work right now and I'm grateful for it. 





I stretched out for a bit afterwards, but now I'm starving! We don't have any bananas left in the house, so I'm improvising on my protein waffles today. I tried some frozen banana pieces, but that was a bust. I ended up using: 

2 eggs
1 scoop vanilla whey protein
1/2 cup oats
1/3 cup GF flour 
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp baking powder
sprinkle of cinnamon






It all worked out! They're perfect.



Snapchat: marvelsteph

So Buddy was sleeping my my window, but I turned around to find him ready and waiting for his portion of waffles lol he doesn't do this when I have porridge...




It's the 1st of December and you know what that means...advent calendar time! This cheap one was all I could afford this year (and NZ sucks at selling all the cool ones), but I feel like the chocolate in these ones take me back to my childhood and I love it! 




I took some Instagrams for my Crossfit coach this morning, so I'm editing them the best I can. We got new kettlebells to use in class and they're so pretty that we need to show them off. They should be pretty fun to add to our workouts now.




I'm dressed and ready to go get my tattoo done! I went back to the same guy that did by jaguar and the arrows on my forearm. I also tried to eat lunch before I came but I wasn't that hungry because of my nerves. Happens every time.





How pretty is New Regent St? They even decorated it for Christmas : )




After <3





And I'm done! Holy moly that hurt, but I'm so happy with how it turned out. It took roughly two hours to complete and the last 30 minutes were tough. My arm was cramping and the area he was working on was getting more and more tender as he rubbed the ink away. But the guy next to me was getting a big rib tattoo done and I know all too well what that pain feels like!




I have to rush off to work soon, but I haven't eaten properly today so I'm making up for it with a bagel. For extra protein I put peanut butter and banana on top. I'm also playing my daily game of "Can I drink a cup of coffee in 5 minutes?" Yes, the answer is always yes.




I had lots of comments at work about my tattoo. There's a few girls there who love them as well, so we had some fun chats. I had to be careful to not agitate it too much, but I've washed it with some warm water, so hopefully it doesn't swell.




I'm having leftover mushroom risotto for dinner tonight. My Mum makes a mean risotto (I think white wine is the trick.)




I felt like watching as easy comedy while I get some tweets scheduled. The Big Bang Theory is just my go-to since it's so easy to binge on.




Finishing off my day with some Terry's Chocolate Orange slices! I've been really good and made these last for about two weeks. Some days I've been tempted to eat it all in one go, but it's better to practice some self-control leading up to Christmas. I'll be facing cheese boards soon enough.


I have the feeling I will sleep well tonight. That was a great day, not my usual Thursday but full of great things.

So, what do you think of my new ink? I think it might be my last one for a while (knowing me that will change!)

Steph x.




5 comments :

  1. Waffles! Advent calendars! Tattoos! All my favourite things in one post! Haha. What isn't to love? Your tattoo is lovely! I had been looking at similar ones before I got pregnant. So, so gorgeous. I can't wait to get another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha right? So glad you love the same things me! Thanks so much, I'm in love with it. Tattoos are so addictive. Let me know what you get next! :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. You make me want to waffle machine every time I see you delicious pictures! :p I adore your new tattoo Steph, it's so pretty and awesome! :) xx

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha if we lived near each other I would totally buy you a waffle maker for Christmas! Thanks so much Lucy :)
      Steph x.

      Delete