Daily Blog: Mocha Protein Shake & Healthy Custard Tart!

Friday 30 December 2016




Friday 30th December 2016







Good morning, everyone! 
I'm very happy that it's almost the weekend. Training has been pretty intense this week and I'm looking forward to relaxing. Having my usual porridge today, made better with fresh strawberries!
Oh, how I love summer foods!




I've got CrossFit class booked for 9am and I get to wear my new crop top! Nobody will see it, but I love wearing it anyway. 




I completely forgot to take photos during the workout today (sorry!) but it was another awesome class. We did a 12 minute AMRAP of:

4 Burpee Pull-Ups
8 Push Jerk (I did push press)
200m run 

I felt really strong today, even pushing through my breathing on the runs. I managed to keep up with some of the fit guys that always finish first. So proud of myself! 




How cool is my gym, they sent me a Christmas card with a cute message on the back! Even being a new member, they treat you like family. Love my CrossFit community!





Home for a quick protein shake before I need to meet Mum for a run. I'm really craving a coffee as well so I'm combining the two! Chocolate protein + instant coffee = healthy iced mocha!






I'm also putting together some more muesli to have on top of yogurt. It's just coconut, walnuts,  sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, dates, and other good things. All mixed with maple syrup and coconut oil and baked for 15 minutes. 




Just got dropped off at Mum's car so I can wait for her. Should be a good run!







My legs were struggling a little today, they felt like jelly after a while. But it's good to learn to push through on days like this. For lunch we came to our new favorite cafe, Park Ranger. They make a pretty great cup of coffee and the food is amazing too! 




Since we were close to the mall, I quickly ran in to pick up another one of these meal planners. I also found some beautiful notebooks, because a blogger can never have too many!







Since I'm going to the boyfriend's flat for New Years (no one is more surprised than me that I have plans for once) I thought I would make something nice to bring with me. My Mum found this healthy recipe in the paper and it looked perfect. 





Getting some protein before work with a couple vegetarian sausages and toad in the hole. Been craving this all day! 




Guess who forgot to record what she had for dinner? I was pretty hungry, so I think I was just focusing on the food. But I had a grilled tuna steak that had a dukkah crust and some salad on the side. It was delicious! We also watched Suicide Squad and ate chocolate. Perfect Friday night. 

I'm so excited to dig into that tart! We will also be ordering pizza and playing Cards Against Humanity. New Years is going to be awesome!

What do you guys have planned for the start of 2017?
Steph x.



2 comments :

  1. Low-key New Years plans are the best! We used to go to this bar around the corner and the older we got, the crowd got annoying and we couldn't stay up until midnight lol We go down to a friend's house and we're usually home and in bed well before midnight. It's wonderful lol

    Katie | www.overthemoony.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You lead such a healthy lifestyle, I could definitely learn something from you! Have an incredible 2017!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete