My Christmas Gratitude Jar

Tuesday 6 December 2016





There was a quote that came up while I was scrolling through Pinterest and it read, "Interrupt anxiety with gratitude." Seeing as December is usually quite stressful and busy, it makes sense to find a way to slow down and appreciate what you have. Isn't that what Christmas is all about? We can all get caught up in gifts and the many advent calendars that are out of reach. But that can all ruin what should be the happiest time of year. I'd much rather be appreciating what I already have, like my lovely blogging friends and a supportive family.

I've seen a few people using a gratitude jar throughout the year and I've always thought about taking part myself. The idea is to start the month with an empty jar and fill it completely by the end. Whether it's something small or something bigger, write it on a piece of paper and toss it in. When the month is up you can open it up and reflect on all of the great things you're thankful for, as well as it making you feel all warm and fuzzy!


Here are some ideas for what you could write about:

The perfect cup of coffee

Something that made you smile

What you love about Christmas

Life lessons learned this year

Having spare time for doing what you love

Watching a good movie

An outfit that makes you feel great

Having someone to talk to

Seeing Christmas lights

Family to spend the holidays with

Food on your table

Someone who inspires you

A movie you're excited about

Receiving a lovely comment

Finding a silver lining

A TV show that brings you comfort

Music that boosts your mood

Something that made you laugh

People who are happy for your success

An opportunity given to you, or one found



What do you think of the idea? Will you be keeping one this Christmas?
Steph x.


5 comments :

  1. I was just thinking about this the other day Steph. Working in retail, I can often get caught up with the rude, nasty people and I told myself yesterday after chatting to a few lovely people that I should write about those people at the end of each day, to remind myself of the good out there! Love this idea with the Jar and your pictures are so cute! :)
    Kelly xx
    www.sweetisalwaysinstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic idea. I was thinking about this myself not too long ago. Really wanting to create a gratitude jar would be an excellent way to calm some of the anxiety. Will totally look into ways to complete this for myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is such a nice idea to do over Christmas :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely idea! I feel like this could be something good to do for the year, so at the end you can look back on all the good things that happened! x

    ReplyDelete