A Christmas Afternoon In Pictures

Monday 12 December 2016








Starting to plan our Christmas menu! I always help my Mum with the cooking, so we need some ideas for the big day. 






I'm baking my first batch of gingerbread cookies for the festive season! These are a healthy version made with buckwheat and gluten-free flour, plus coconut sugar. It even has freshly grated ginger in it for extra spice. It has to firm up in the fridge for an hour, so I'm going to work on something else in the mean time. 







The next baking project is to make profiteroles! I want to make a trifle using them for Christmas day, so I had better get practicing. I've never tried to make Chou pastry before, so let's see how it goes. 






Not entirely successful, but not a failure either! Will try again next week. 





Wouldn't be a Sunday afternoon with doing a little meal prep!














The cookies came out great, a little dry but I love the taste of them. My icing skills are getting better too.




I can finally put up our Christmas tree! 









It's finally feeling festive around here! Our tree is filled with ornaments that we have had for years, or special ones we bought while traveling. 


What would a Christmas afternoon look like for you?
Steph x. 



3 comments :

  1. Your gingerbread cookies look absolutely adorable!! My Mom and I are totally putting off our cookie and pretzel making until almost the last minute, but I've really started to look forward to it! Even though it's a little chaotic, it forces you to slow down a little bit with waiting for them to bake and decorating them. Plus it's always nice to sample! :)

    Katie | www.overthemoony.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas baking is my favourite kind of day!!
    Kathy x
    Alongcamekathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always inspire me to bake! :) These gingerbread cookies sound amazing, I love that you used real ginger, I need to try that as I have grown to really love the taste! :) Also, go you for making homemade Profiteroles! My Chris had them for the first time last year, just ones we bought from Tesco, and he LOVED them. I need to make them from scratch! :) Ooh and your Christmas tree looks beautiful! :) xx

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete