My Favorite Movies Of 2016!

Tuesday 20 December 2016




Let me just say that I am a shameless lover of blockbuster movies. Slap a Marvel logo over the intro and I'll pay $20 to see it. Any kind of action/adventure with explosions or a cute romance film will make my Saturday night worth leaving the house for. I know this year has been pretty hard on the world, but in terms of film-making, we have been given some pretty amazing distractions. More books have been made into movies and these superheroes are on a whole new level. It's an exciting time for a nerd like me!


Deadpool

Ryan Reynolds really outdid himself on this one. I always knew that Deadpool was a hilarious and kick-ass character in the superhero world, but seeing him on the big screen just cemented him as one of my all-time favorites. Some of the gritty stuff isn't my thing, but the humor really made up for it. All I need now is for him to team up with the Avengers so I can watch him cause all kinds of trouble.


Suicide Squad

I know this one got mixed reviews, but I bloody loved it! It was nice to watch some bad guys forming a team to kick ass and not worrying about doing the right thing. With all of the superhero films around at the moment, it was a nice break from all of the serious stuff DC produces. I was so excited to see Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn and she totally nailed it. Even though Will Smith was bad-ass as ever, I think my favorite character was Captain Boomerang. He makes me giggle so much in this movie. 


Miss Perigrine's Home For Peculiar Children

I went along with my family to see this, mainly for their benefit. I wasn't overly excited about the movie, but I left the theater absolutely loving it! So many lovable characters, a bit of adventure and some magic on the side. It had that typical Tim Burton feel and a few creepy moments that I wasn't expecting, but in good way that it added to the experience. I've bought the book and am planning on buying the DVD once it's been released.


Captain America: Civil War

An obvious one, but how could I not love this film! It's like the Avengers but better because it we get a new Spiderman, Bucky Barnes, and a villain smart enough to take down the whole team. I liked that Cap was more of the rebel in this one and Tony was behaving himself, it made for an interesting change. It was so good to see Ant Man in the mix as well. If you couldn't already tell, I would be on Steve's side too.


Doctor Strange

God bless Marvel for bringing Benedict Cumberbatch into the MCU. And also for bringing that multiple dimension/magic element more into the superhero world. It's one of the reasons I love the Thor movies. I also enjoyed how their powers are all about the strength of your mind, rather than your body. Just goes to show that if you study hard, you'll be rewarded. Can we please talk about his awesome cape?


Star Trek: Beyond

Fun fact for you: Even though I wasn't in the right generation to watch the original TV series, I really like the recent films! The chemistry between the characters is always so natural, and it has a good balance of humor and emotional moments. I liked that this new installment took them away from the depths of space and into a whole new environment. Plus, Chris Pine looks pretty good on that motorbike and blue jacket...


Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them 

I waited all year for this to be released and I was not disappointed! As soon as I saw the Warner Brothers logo in the clouds, I felt like I was straight back in the Wizarding World. I don't know what I love more: Newt Scamander and his new friends or the amazing creatures he has in his case. I totally saw the Grindewald reveal coming, but there were lots of other surprises that I loved. J. K Rowling really did the most amazing job of the screenplay, and I'm so happy she's back to writing about magic again! I'm also happy that everyone loves Hufflepuffs now, we are pretty cool after all!


Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

I'm not gonna lie, the first time I sat down to watch this I was a little frustrated with the first half of the film. But after seeing it a second time, I realized how brilliantly it shows the realistic side to the rebels and what they had to sacrifice. This movie is such a great addition to the film franchise and I can't wait for more stories to be released.


What were your favorite movies from 2016?
Steph x.


2 comments :

  1. Firstly, your blog is beautiful!
    I love this post, especially because I love watching films a lot too! I'm definitely in agreement with Deadpool, Captain America and Doctor Strange because I'm a Marvel fan! I particularly loved Doctor Strange visually! I can't wait to see more Marvel films in 2017!

    Great post lovely!

    Emmie
    www.carpediememmie.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Emmie! That's very sweet of you :) Doctor Strange really was so good. I'm so happy Benedict is in the Marvel Universe now! 2017 is going to be awesome for us fans.
      Steph x.

      Delete