Daily Blog: Christmas Shopping & Curbing Cravings

Friday 9 December 2016




Thursday 8th December 2016




Most mornings I can walk into CrossFit and immediately judge how the morning is going to go by how the 5.30am class are holding up. We were met by quite a few sarcastic "Have fun!" comments that meant we were in trouble. Luckily one of the other trainers joined our class today, so I had an expert to try and keep up with. She's a total bad-ass, I love having her there as motivation.

Our main circuit for today was: (for time, 20min cut)

3 rounds of *Perish
500m run
3 rounds of Perish
500m run
3 rounds of Perish

*Perish: 7 Thrusters & 7 Burpee Box Jumps 

 I managed to do it in 18.30min, which was better than I thought. I stumbled on the burpees and had to muster all the energy I could to keep going. Luckily my new CrossFit shoes are amazing for running hard, they're so good for extra power in your legs (thanks Reebok!) 

For strength today we moved onto back squats, my favorite! I didn't go for anything too heavy today, although looking back I should probably have tried to do more. My heaviest was 65kgs, so I'm going to aim for 75kgs by the end of the month.




This is why I love my CrossFit squad, they buy me chocolates for my birthday! Could be sabotage, but I'll take it x.






I'm just having proats with lots of fruit for breakfast this morning. Blogmas is keeping me busy, so I need to get working straight away.




I've finally published my tattoo post! This has been something I wanted to write all year, but I had too many plans for more ink to be done. These kinds of posts are one of my favorites to read and now I have mine up! Make sure you check it out.





Body Update:

Being away from the gym has stopped me from obsessing over having all of my target areas perfect. Thanks to CrossFit (and the many lifts I've had to learn/practice) my arms and shoulders have toned up well. I haven't experienced any weight gain and my abs seem to be liking the exercises, especially the Toes To Bar. They would be more impressive if I didn't like eating so much. My legs are the only area that aren't as toned anymore, but I get the feeling that it will change in time.





Time for lunch! The mall is getting crazy with the build up to Christmas. I was so hungry that I just went for the spanikopita. Not the healthiest option, but I can't say no to Greek food.





We're on the hunt for decorations today. Each year my Mum has fun designing her Christmas table setting and she wanted my help finding some pieces. We also managed to find a beautiful crystal butterfly to hang for our dog Jess that we said goodbye to a couple of months ago. After she died, every time my Mum and me went for a run we would always see a Monarch butterfly fly past us. We already have angels on our tree for other family members, so she had to get a special decoration too.




Got our tickets to see Rouge One next week!




Food shopping has been completed and I found my favorite snack! These sweet chili rice cakes are so delicious and really low in calories. Whenever I crave some kind of savory junk food, I just munch on some of these and the cravings go away! They've been out of stock for a few weeks but I finally found them again.




I also picked up some of these Atkins protein bars. I tried one last week and the texture made me think I was just eating a candy bar. I split one of these in thirds then ate the pieces when I felt like I needed a treat.





Time for my afternoon protein hit of an English muffin, vegetarian sausages, and lots of barbecue sauce. This always keeps me full until dinner. I decided that I need more fruit in my day, so I'm having a pear as well. Just ignore the Cadbury elf...





Improvised dinner tonight of a black bean patty, eggs, avocado, and olives on a bed of baby kale.




Look what I got today! I've been dying to watch this again after seeing it in August. I didn't think it was possible to love Will Smith any more, but he's just so awesome as Deadshot. Captain Boomerang is pretty funny too.


I ended up staying awake longer than I should have to finish the movie, but it was totally worth it!

How's your Christmas shopping going?
Steph x.




6 comments :

  1. Ah your breakfast looks so good! I'm doing fairly decent with my christmas shopping so far, I've bought everything but I'm being so slack with wrapping it all...

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Nice job on the Christmas shopping, I'm so behind! You can shop for me and I'll wrap everything? Haha :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Love this post Steph! :) You look amazing!!! :) I'm so excited that in two days we will be surrounded by Malteasers and Cadbury chocolate and all the British Christmas treats, I can't wait! :) Also, Greek food is really delicious, I can never resist it either, that looks yummy! :) xx

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! I can't wait to see what you girls get up to England for Christmas :) I hope you have an amazing time back home!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you had a lovely day and omg your food looks so good! I'm defo going to eat oats + loads of fruit for breakfast tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Haha oats and fruit is such a great start to your day :)
      Steph x.

      Delete