Get To Know Me - A-Z of Steph!

Friday 17 June 2016






I've seen a few of these posts floating around the blogging world recently. Then I came across one by Jemma's Simple Life and it was so lovely that I wanted to do one myself! I'm sharing the good and the bad, as well as what I got up to before I started blogging. This list definitely sums up me up pretty well. Let me know in the comments below if you've done something similar!


A // Arts Degree
I absolutely loved the time I spent at university. I love learning and discovering subjects I'm passionate about. I did my major in Classics and my minor in History. Then went on to do my honors in Classical studies (my thesis was on Roman social history), while also learning how to translate ancient Greek.

B // BMX Racing
This shaped my childhood and it was brilliant. I did it for a while, but it was my brother that was the competitive one. Our family was forever hoping into our van and traveling the country for competitions. It made our family quite close and I feel like I got a really unique childhood out of it.

C // Coffee
The fuel to my life! I can't go through the day without at least two cups of coffee. I can't sit down to write without a mug sitting next to me. There's even a barista/cafe that we go to every Saturday and I crave that flat white all week!

D // Dyslexia
This is something I've always dealt with, but never realized what it was until earlier this year. Quite often I will write word orders wrong in a sentence, or write words twice without realizing. It affects me a lot with my fitness too, especially boxing because of the focus we have on co-ordination and it feels like there's a block on my brain. It's a very mild case, but still something I'm constantly working on.

E // Eiffel Tower
Traveling is something that I just have to do. Coming out of high school, it was my biggest dream to travel everywhere. So far I've only been to the United States, but being a little Kiwi in places like New York City felt incredible. Still got a long list to go, but they travel bug bit me hard!

F // Foodie
I love food. Like, seriously love it. I'm one of these people that plans my day around when and what I'm eating. Every weekend I have to do some kind of baking or cooking and try out new recipes. Anything that's fresh and full of spices, I'm there. 

G // Gymaholic
A little obvious, but still true! Something switched in me last year when I decided to take my fitness more seriously and I became addicted. Now I'm either at the gym, thinking about the gym, or wishing I was at the gym. Total gym-junkie!

H // Healthy
Matching my fitness journey and love of food, is also my fascination with anything health-related. My diet has never been perfect, but since I started training I've become more fascinated with how food works with your body. I'm all about clean-eating, paleo recipes, and meal prepping healthy meals to keep me fueled. I love combining my love of fitness and food!

I // Imagination
I have one of those minds that needs to be constantly stimulated and I love it! I'm either listening to music, watching movies, reading books, binging on a TV series, or writing something. I love pushing my imagination with new things, especially as I get older and the boring adult life kicks in. Anything to do with fantasy, supernatural, or superheroes, and I'm there!

J // Jonas Brothers
High School crushes! I watched them on the Disney Channel and they became a bit of an obsession. I had a friend who shared it with me (she loved Nick, I went for Kevin) and we still talk about what the boys are getting up to today. I miss those days! 

K // Keep Calm
Yup, I'm one of those unfortunate souls that suffers from anxiety on a daily basis. My mind can run at a million miles an hour trying to find solutions to situations that haven't even happened yet. It used to be a lot worse when I was stuck in a 9-5 job, but still something I need to master. 

L // Laser Tag
The best way to combine cardio and fun! A couple of my university friends would organize nights where we would team up and run around in a dark, neon lit playground. It's one of my ultimate favorite things to do. 

M // Mountain Time
Having access to snow-capped mountains is such a blessing and over the past couple years I've really tried to take advantage of it. I love being around the snow in the winter and trying to get better at my skiing. Currently planning on dragging a couple of friends up to the ski fields in the next month or so!

N // New Zealand
I'm really proud to be from this little country at the bottom of the world. I love not being overwhelmed by big cities and having really amazing nature at our doorstep. Plus, we get Christmas before most of the world. It doesn't get better than that!

O // Organizer
I find great pleasure in life when I've finished organizing something. Packing for holidays is so much fun, I honestly love doing it! If I could pack weeks before we leave, I would, but that might be a little excessive. I love writing to-do lists and slowly ticking them off. If anyone wants me to pack their suitcase for them just let me know!

P // Passionate
My friends will tell you how passionate I am with all of my obsessions with bands or movies. If I love something, it's usually with everything I've got.

Q // Quiet
Definitely a word that most people would describe me with. Unless there's something I really want to talk about, or something I feel the need to defend, I don't really feel the need to talk. I'm also more of a stay at home and watch Netflix type girl, than let's go to a noisy club. I like the quiet.

R // Roller-coasters
This is definitely a result of growing up with boys around me. I can ride coasters all day long and not feel sick. The faster they go and the more loops they have, the better!

S // Superheroes
I wouldn't be me without these guys. I grew up with an older brother, so we were constantly pretending to be a part of Batman's crew and save the world. Even nowadays I am obsessed with watching Marvel movies and even started reading comics. They inspire me to be more awesome!

T // Tattoos
I've always loved tattoos and knew that I would get some when I was older. I got my first at 16, then a few more at the age of 23. Now that I'm 24, I getting more daring and passionate about what I want. Whenever I see someone with tattoos, I get super curious and want to see all the details of it. Very addicted to getting more!

U // Uppercuts
If you've been following my fitness journey for a while, you'll know that I do boxing training every single week. It's usually a mix of an intense HIIT workout and working on my techniques. It's so great for working on my general fitness and getting a really good sweat on. Also a brilliant way of letting out some life frustrations. It can get a bit personal sometimes! Love it so much.

V // Vegetarian
When I was fifteen, I made the decision to stop eating meat (aside from seafood, for some reason) and it's nearly been ten years now. I just started thinking of how meat got to the dinner table and after watching a documentary, I was put off from meat for good. It's not a lifestyle I push on others, just a personal decision I'm happy with.

W //  Wallflower
Along with my dyslexia, this is something about myself I wish I had discovered sooner. I've always been quiet and preferred to listen rather than speak. I enjoy observing situations and how people converse with one another. I've always had the comments like "Oh, you're very quiet" and "Why don't you ever say anything?" I've just never felt like I needed to. Listening, rather than speaking, is how I like to understand things and there's nothing wrong with that.

X // Xenophilius Lovegood
I was part of that lucky generation who grew up watching and reading the Harry Potter series from the age of about 10. I loved anything to do with magic when I was a kid (still do to be honest) and I easily became obsessed with the thought of being at Hogwarts. Waiting in line to get my hands on the last book, then locking myself away for two days to read it, is something I will never forget.

Y // YouTube
It all started with gifs of danisnotonfire on Tumblr, and three years later I'm still obsessed with YouTubers. My day is not complete if I haven't caught up on my favorite daily vloggers. I have to watch the Sacconejolys with breakfast, and at lunch time I always watch Mr Ben Brown. They inspire me so much with my everyday life, as well as providing a daily dose of happiness for me :)

Z // Zodiac
I'm fascinated by personality traits that seem to come with what zodiac sign you have. Mine are always spot on! I spend ages going through Pinterest seeing what ones match my personality.



And that's me! I hope that was interesting and you got to know me a bit better. 

Leave a comment telling me something about yourself : )

Steph x.

9 comments :

  1. I love these posts I have just finished one myself-its such a fun way to find out a little about the person behind the blog!! I used to love Lazer tag it has been so long since I have done it :) I am a little obsessed with organising too lovely!! I do love a good list xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I would love to read yours! Haha I'm glad you love organizing like me :D
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Loved this post Steph! Me and Lucy are definitely going to give it a go! It's funny how many things we have in common! A very interesting read! :)
    Kelly x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Kelly! I can't wait to read yours and Lucy's. We definitely have a lot in common! :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. This is a super fun way to get to know you better!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading my Zodiac sign, sometimes they can be a bit off but I do like knowing that it can show you a bit of what you thinking about your current situation in a different perspective.

    Tamara xo
    www.southerntsassy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true, it's so interesting to read about signs and how they can define your personality. Glad you enjoy it too!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  5. Aw I loved reading this! It was so interesting go get to know you better! I may have to do one of these on my blog xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete