Daily Blog: Easy Meal Prep & Bonus Gym Time!

Sunday 12 June 2016




Happy Sunday! 




Starting my Sunday in the best way possible: breakfast in bed with YouTube playing!

I'm also spending some time responding to comments on my recent posts. I'm really terrible for not doing this regularly! 




Starting my meal prep early today. I really want to head to the gym this afternoon, so I thought I would get a head start. 
I'm just going to roast up some sweet potato with lots of spices on top. I always add turmeric to my roast vegetables because it's great for inflammation and other things when you're active. 





Next I'm marinating my tofu for later. Rule number one for eating tofu: always add lots of flavor! Today I mixed in sesame oil, soy sauce, garlic, ginger, chili, fish sauce, and a little chili oil for an extra kick. Then I sprinkled some white chia seeds on top for a bit of texture. Should be so good when it's fried up! 





Got some of my green veges together too. I'm trying to add more leafy ones to my diet, so I'm gonna roast up some kale later and see how it goes. I always add a little bit of vinegar on top to take away the bitter taste of it. Also some chili flakes & seasoning for a nice kick.

Vegetables should be half your meal prep, so I try and go a bit crazy to make sure I hit that brief.





Mum and I are off for a light run. The weather doesn't look too flash today so hopefully the rain stays away! But no excuses, rain or shine we'll be out running.




The wind was pretty cold, but it was still great to be outside. Time for a smoothie and coffee! We desperately need to refuel and warm up.





Went healthy for a bit of refueling today. We split a hummus bowl and a GF/Paleo blueberry muffin, that were both amazing. It was surprisingly filling too. I went for a protein smoothie that had banana, maca, oats, nut butter, and protein powder. It was really good! I'm so happy that we have a healthy smoothie and juice bar to go to now.




Back home to finish off my meal prep. All I have to do now is roast my kale and broccoli, as well as grill my tofu steaks. I'm also adding this brown rice and quinoa mix to my containers for some healthy carbs that will give me loads of energy. These packs are such a quick and easy way to sort out your meal prep for the week.







It so super easy to put together this time. Lots of vegetables and good protein to keep me fueled. I'm really looking forward to digging into these!





I was really craving a gym session, so at about 3pm I went off to go do a workout. Being a Sunday, it was lovely and quiet. I didn't go in with any plan to work certain body area, I just winged it all and tried to push myself with some intense sets. Here's roughly what I did:

Box sprints
Reverse lunges with bicep curls
Jump squats

40-45kg deadlifts

Hip thrusts
Pull-ups
Squats on the balance trainer





I also did a personal best on my hip thrusts! I put 90kgs on the bar and did well enough that I wanted to challenge myself. I put another 10kgs did another 5-6 reps! That's 120kgs with the bar weight included! So incredibly happy with that. My trainer is going to be proud of me : )




Home again and I desperately need some food. I whipped up some scrambled eggs, spinach, and toast with hummus on top. It's just what I needed! I may have also downed a mini protein bar...




Finally having a hot shower and it's amazing. I love using this Zoella moisturizer afterwards when I need to feel relaxed. The scent is super luxurious too.





Dinner time! This is my ideal meal: Fresh fish and lot's of vegetables. We steamed it with ginger and the flavor is amazing. The potatoes and parsnips were boiled and then cooked in coconut oil to get crispy. Best ever!




My Mum made a beautiful GF banana and cranberry loaf yesterday, so we are having a slice of it with some coconut yogurt for dessert. So good! She made it with almond meal, so it's still lovely and moist. Crispy on the outside and lots of toasted coconut on top. Yum!





This coconut yogurt is the best! So proud that it's kiwi-made too. I'm trying to cut a lot of dairy out of my diet in an attempt to clear up my skin. I saw that Anna Saccone had gone dairy-free because she might have an allergy to it, with great results. And also Daisy Ridley recently put up a really brave and amazing Instagram talking about her endometriosis and skin problems as a result. She also went dairy-free, so I'm going to try it out for a month and see if it makes a difference. It's worth a shot!




I settled in to do some blog work while we watched Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials. I know I could probably survive the first movie, but I don't think I could make it through this one. The cranks run so fast! Even in my best Nikes I couldn't run fast enough.




I'm being good this week and trying to organize tomorrow's gym bag before I go to bed. I'm bound to forget something (as always) but it's such a relief to not rush around so much in the morning.

I also did a face mask, so I'm officially ready to take on another week!



What did you get up to over the weekend?

Steph x.



3 comments :

  1. Wow all this looks so yummy and healthy! I've cut dairy out and honestly, I feel great for it. I don't bloat as much anymore and I've found that I only have bad breakouts if I eat junk food.
    --
    Pretty Mad Things .. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm a massive foodie. Oh that's awesome, thanks so much for telling me that. I think going dairy-free is going to be the best choice : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. A great content material as well as great layout. Your website deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. I will be back soon for further quality contents. clenbuterol musculation

    ReplyDelete