Daily Blog: Birthday Surprise & Beach Picnic!

Monday 11 December 2017




Happy Monday Guys!




So, I tried to get up early this morning so I could put together a fun little surprise for Steve. It's his birthday tomorrow, but we will both be working, so today is our celebration day. Yesterday I baked him two layers of banana cake (his favorite) and I did some very amateur decorating this morning. But he requested banana with chocolate frosting, so that's what he got!




Simple breakfast because I've just been snacking on cake icing all morning...





Success! Managed to pull of a little surprise for Steve and I made him a yummy french toast breakfast after blowing out his candles (and of course he had cake.)





Every Monday I meet my Mum after she has finished the first half of her shift at work and we go for a run around the local park. It's a beautiful summers day (about 26*C) so probably a little too hot for running, but we will always go out. My calves are quite sore today, but other than that it was a great run. And I got to work on my tan while I was doing it.




Steve's home from his CrossFit class, we have both had lunch and are now chilling with a lil birthday chocolate. We are watching Fittest On Earth: A Decade of Fitness on Netflix. If you need a little gym motivation, go watch this right now!









I've packed us up a little taco picnic and we are off to the beach! We brought the family dog with us too, that's him in the middle of his favorite hobby: sticking his head out of the car.






Oh, how I've missed the beach! I even went for a little wander in the caves. They have been blocked off for the earthquake risk, but seem to be safe again. I spent my childhood in the rock pools here, so it's a nice treat to be able to wander again.






It was a little cold so we didn't end up staying long. But I totally forgot we had some Magnum ice creams in the freezer and it topped off a perfect day. We might have also had some cake, but hey! It was Steve's birthday so we had to.


Just a quick daily blog today, but that was a very memorable day. We only live 30 minutes max. from the beach, so I think we really need to make the trip more often. And Happy Birthday Steve!!

Steph x.

Happy Blogmas Day 11!






No comments:

Post a Comment