26 Years Old: The Scary, The Exciting, & What Comes Next

Monday 4 December 2017





Yep, another birthday posts where the blogger complains about getting old and OH MY GOD I'M GETTING CLOSE TO 30!

But before I scare you off, I should let you know that I'm actually excited for the second half of my twenties. I mean, 20-25 has been a journey of university, travel and figuring out what it means to be an adult. What I've actually come to realize is that no one really becomes an adult in these years. And hardly any of us actually have a plan, or plans that work out perfectly. If we're lucky to find a passion along the way that might carry us down a different path than we thought. I've definitely become more of who I'm meant to be through starting this blog. I know people say technology is bad blah, blah, blah. But I get such a thrill out of creating content, making friends who live on different continents who share my passion, and just finding a place in an online community. It's made this part of my twenties so satisfying and feeling like I'm on the right track. 


25 was an eventful year when I look back at it:

Moved in with the love of my life
Completed a Spartan Race
Survived another natural disaster
Lost our old boy Bud
Progressed a lot in CrossFit
Hawaiian family holiday 
Starting the process of getting our puppy
Photographed a wedding
Competed in a rowathon for charity 
Took at least three road trips
Started a new job
Renting for the first time
Came 3rd in my first CrossFit competition
Overcame a knee injury

And ate about 20 Dominoes pizzas...


At 26 I can honestly say that I'm happy. Is my life where I would ideally want it? No, but who actually has their sh*t together completely at any given time? So we may not have much money left at the end of the week or I'm not blogging full-time, but life is still good! Great even! 

I have a beautiful home that I share with the most amazing guy that completes me. It's the exact direction I wanted my life to go in a year ago and I'm bloody happy with how it worked out. I have been able to create work hours with my boss that suit my lifestyle perfectly so that I can still blog and cook during the day. And my amazing Mum still buys me veggies and bakes me banana bread. Bless her. 

I think what I'm most excited about though, is that these coming years are going to be the most exciting. This is the time when I will get to plan a beautiful wedding that I've dreamed about since I was little. Not to go all cheesy on you, but this girl has always been obsessed with all the details before and on the big day. And babies have been on my brain lately (not yet people!) so it's nice thinking of having a cute little family in my later twenties. 
No rush for either, but just knowing that some big milestones are on the horizon is pretty cool. I'm looking at all those cute pictures on Pinterest thinking, "Yup that's gonna be me later!" 


Here's to the next four years of my 20's and whatever adventures that come my way. 
I'll be ready for them <3


Steph x. 
How did you guys feel getting past 25? 





No comments:

Post a Comment