New Year Blog Refresh

Friday 1 January 2016


Hello Everyone!
So, a while back I found myself in a cafe before work, drinking coffee by myself and I started brainstorming how I could update my blog for the New Year. It actually got me really inspired to work harder than ever and to try new ways of blogging. It's taken me a little while to get my blogging feet, but I'm feeling confident and I'm still loving it. I've been working on Hello, Steph for about six months now and I think it's time for my baby to level up! 

Here's what you have to look forward to in 2016:

New Design
I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I wanted to wait until New Years to do it. One thing I always do when I'm browsing blogs is pay attention to their design and layout to see what I like and what works. And there are some great ones out there! I wanted a clean and fresh look for Hello, Steph; what do you think? It's from a great Etsy shop

More Posts Per Week
One thing that doing blogmas has taught me is that I can work harder to get out all of the posts I want to publish. While also keeping the quality that I want too. This will all depend on how busy I am, but you can look forward to four posts every week from now on! You will get a cheeky bonus post every so often too.

Themed Weeks
I'm really looking forward to doing this in 2016. About once a month I will be uploading posts everyday for a week all based around a particular theme: Happiness, Fitness, Self-love, Books, Beauty, and more!

Better Photo Design
Now, I think my photography has definitely improved since I started all those months ago! This year I want to spend more time perfecting my flat lays and having a bit more fun and imagination with my blog pictures. It's honestly one of my favorite parts of blogging and I would never want anyone to do it for me. Not to mention I've been having a lot of fun on Instagram lately too.

New Topic Section: Health and Fitness
This is something that is a big part of my life and I would love to share my fitness progress, tips, and even my food diary with everyone. For a while I wasn't sure how it would fit with my other posts, but seeing as I'm a lifestyle blogger, it's just another reflection of me! Let me know if there's anything you want to see. 

I'm really excited for this coming year and I have a feeling it's going to be a good one!
Are you updating your blog for 2016? Let me know how!
Steph x.

10 comments :

  1. I love the new theme! Good luck with your blogging goals

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new design, Steph! Looking forward to see these changes in Hello, Steph. I am thinking as well of updating my blog: buying domain, new design, better photography and new blog posts fields :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leta! You should definitely do it, this will be our year!
      Happy New Year!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year! I'm loving the new layout, and also love the idea of a themed week - I look forward to reading, and hope you have a fab 2016!

    Steph xx
    Oh Steph

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! It should be a fun year.
      I hope you have a lovely 2016 too!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. LOVE the new blog look! The themed week sounds like such a good idea too! Enjoy it! I'll be changing little bits of my blog soon I think, little updates will be good for it.

    Have a great 2016!

    Emma x | emmaraeburnx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm definitely looking forward to my theme weeks =) Let me know when you do and I can come check it out!
      You too Emma! Happy New Year
      Steph x.

      Delete
  5. Your blog looks amazing! I'm looking forward to your theme weeks, it sounds like a great idea!! Happy new year x
    - Anne | annesmiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Happy New Year to you!
      Steph x.

      Delete