5 Makeup Items I Can't Live Without

Friday 15 January 2016




Hello Everyone!
I don't know about you, but I tend to go through phases with my makeup. Sometimes I'm obsessed with eyeshadows, sometimes it's blushes, or I'm just trying to keep up with the products that bloggers are raving about. But through all of that, there are some staple items that I reach for everyday and would have to replace immediately. The funny thing is, I've spent years never using most of these items. How silly I was! Here are the 5 makeup items I can't live without:


Primer 
Whether it's for my eyes or just a face primer, I don't know how I went so long without using one! When you're out and about all day there's nothing worse than checking the mirror at 3pm and realizing how much your makeup has faded. Primer is such a life-saver and I never go without one now. 

BB Cream
My lazy-day necessity! As much as I love a good foundation to cover up my persistent spots, some days I need to go a little more natural and keep it light. I've been using the Rimmel 9-1 BB cream for over a year now and I will always buy more because it's just so nice to use. It's so quick to apply and really handy to have on holiday where the weather is a bit warmer. 

Powder 
This is honestly a step in my makeup routine that I never skip. Not only does it make your makeup last longer, but it gives such a great finishing effect. I've been using the Benefit Hello Flawless powder and it's an everyday necessity for me now. It always smooths my makeup nicely and even makes it look more natural.

Eyeliner Pencil
I have had one of these in my makeup bag since I was in high school and it's still something I reach for everyday. Even if I'm not wearing any foundation I will still use it to give my eyes some definition, especially since I wear glasses everyday too. I'm not the best at liquid liner yet, so this an easier and faster option when I need it.

Tinted Lip Balm
For those busy days when I don't want to commit to a lipstick, but still need some color. I almost always have one of these with me when I go out. While you can't go wrong with Maybelline, I have to say that the Fresh Sugar tinted lip treatments are the best I have ever used. They're super moisturizing and leave a really lovely color. I pick one up in Sephora every time I visit the US, and they are most definitely worth the money.

What makeup items can you not go without? 
Steph x.
 

13 comments :

  1. BB cream is amazing. It's so simple & low key to use. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Perfect for days when you're in a hurry. It's so handy for travel too.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Really want to try those lip products!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fresh ones are amazing, they usually last me all year too! : )

      Delete
  3. This is such a brilliant post idea, I never think about the products I couldn't live without! They've definitely got to be concealer, powder and mascara for me, and maybe something to put through my brows too! Lovely photos too Steph x

    Ami | perksofbeingami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should write on your lovely blog sometime : ) Ahh mascara is definitely close to making my top 5. That and brow products make all the difference, don't they?
      Thanks so much Ami!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. I've never ever used a face primer but I probably should invest in one. Like you powder is a step I never ever skip. I really want to try the Sugar lip treatments, they look so beautiful and I love the packaging!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Primers are amazing, you'll love them! The Fresh Sugar lip treatments are incredible. I bought one after a YouTuber raved about them and she was so right <3
      Steph x.

      Delete
  5. Lovely post! I definitely can't live without my foundation, powder and balm without it I look really ill haha x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! Three great staples, I'm getting more and more into foundations now. What one do you use? Don't be silly, I'm sure you look beautiful with or without it!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  6. I go through makeup phases all the time as well. For the last month I was going crazy with eyeshadows but then this past week I haven't been interested in them at all! So strange how I shift between all my different makeup moods. I also love a good tinted balm as well, haven't tried the Fresh one but I'm heading to the US later in the year so I might pick one up while I'm there :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who goes through makeup phases! I'm the same with a lot of things, especially with what books I read. Nice! You'll have a lot of fun exploring Sephora. That place is so dangerous to your wallet though, it's blogger's paradise!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  7. I agree with the primer so much! I can't imagine having to live without one anyone!

    www.itskiaerin.com

    ReplyDelete