A Few Of My Favorite Things - Janurary

Thursday 28 January 2016


Hello Everybody!
The first monthly favorites of 2016! It is going to be a little different on my blog this year, since I don't try enough makeup in a month to focus just on beauty it's going to be a big collaboration of items instead. Sound good? Cool! So here's a general mix of everything I loved in January, from skincare to snacks and work-out fashion!

Beauty
Goodness Everyday Cream Cleanser 
This brand has become my go-to for skin care, so when I ran out of my First Aid Beauty Cleanser I decided to replace it with this one. It leaves your skin feeling so soft and nourished, which its perfect way to start or end your day. And no wonder, since it's full of apple extract, chia seed, avocado and coconut oils to keep your skin feeling lovely. You get quite a big tube as well, so your money will go far with this one!


Maybelline Baby Lips Candy Wow "Raspberry"
This one has had permanent residence in my handbag all month long. It's one of the best tinted lip balms I have tried and I find the packaging really cute. It leaves a really lovely pink color doesn't dry out my lips. Definitely trying more from this range.

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation 
My beloved Maybelline Fit Me foundation is now running out, so I went on the hunt for a replacement. I have never tried a foundation by Rimmel before (gasp!) but I have to say that this one is amazing. The formula is thick, yet it feels so light on your skin. It also survived a work shift better than any other product I have tried. If you're looking for a matte foundation to try, I highly recommend this one.

Snacks
Mini Bagel with Chocolate Peanut Spread

My new favorite snack! I was watching an old Zoella vlog where she was having bagels with Nutella on them, so I blame Zoe for making me crave the same (still love her though.) To save me committing to an entire bagel, I found these adorable minis. I also spotted this Mother Earth Chocolate Spread that I wanted so I thought why not make it a winning combo!

Making my own popcorn
I had a major craving for these the other week and have been obsessed since. I didn't want to get popcorn that was covered in greasy butter and salt, so I ended up making my own! I found this Jamie Oliver YouTube video for a healthy recipe and loved it. He coated his in Marmite, but I'm a Vegemite kind of girl and it worked like a charm. 

Fitness
Stella McCartney Adidas Tights

I had one of those "I don't know what I want to wear" days as I was heading to the gym. Naturally, I raided my Mum's closet and I remembered she had these tucked away (She never wears them, so it's fine!) Compared to all of my other black tights, these are a nice change and I'm in love with the design. Quite comfortable too!

Lorna Jane Sporty Sister Tank

I swear it was written in my destiny to find and buy this top. On a recent trip to the mall, I had an urge to go into one of the sports stores to see if they had any new Lorna Jane gear, when I found this gem. It was the last one on the rack, exactly my size, and the sides are open so I can now show off my jaguar tattoo! The material feels amazing (like everything in the LJ range) and it's just a lot of fun to wear. You gotta treat yourself every once in a while, right?

Spartan Fitness Daily Calender 
If you read my Fitness Bucketlist post, you'll know that it's a big goal of mine to complete a Spartan obstacle race at some point in the next few years. I spotted this at the calendar stall the other day and just knew that I had to pick it up. It's filled with fitness advice, recipes and motivational quotes to keep me working hard through the year. The race is pretty intense, so I need all the help I can get! 

Cotton On Water Bottle
I have been searching for a new bottle for a while now, with no luck. They're either too big or the top is annoying to drink from. I'm like the Goldilocks of drink bottles! On my weekly hunt for new gym-gear I found this one and it's perfect! It's 950mls, so now I can measure my water intake each day. 

Reading
Ignite Me, Tahereh Mafi

I finally got my butt into gear and finished the Shatter Me series, this poor book had been sitting on my shelf for over a year...and it was fantastic! I was honestly glued to this book for the three days it took me to read it, and the scenes between Juliette and Warner was leaving me a bit breathless. The character development was amazing and I forgot how great the writing is structured for some of the really intense scenes.

YouTube
Little Book Owl 
If you hadn't noticed, I have become obsessed with reading books again and have been trying to find recommendations for what I should read next. I started watching Caz a while ago and rediscovered her YouTube channel this month, and I forgot how much I loved it! She is such a natural and her reviews are really great (no spoilers!) so I have been watching so many of her videos for reading inspiration. Love her!


Like I said, a bit of a mixed batch this month! January has definitely started 2016 on a high note for me. I have to say a big thank you to everyone who helped me get to 200 followers this month! I'm well on my way to making my year goal of 500 and I'm thankful to everyone who reads my blog <3

What have you been loving in January?
Steph x.

14 comments :

  1. Love the fitness things you have included! :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad you liked it : ) I will definitely include more in my next favorites.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. I'll have to read the Shatter Me series - I've heard loads of good reviews!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! Book one is fabulous, book 2 is okay, but book 3 was sooo good! Let me know if you do : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. I'm in need of a new water bottle and that one looks like the perfect size (I love your Goldilocks description, haha!). Good luck with your follower goal too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it's hard to find the perfect bottle, right? And some are $30 each! It's crazy, but I hope you find one too!
      Thanks! I'm sure I will get there.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. Lovely favourites! the fitness calendar sound great, I need to pick one my for myself. And the adidas leggings look gorgeous. Things like that make me feel so motivated :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Same here, there's nothing like new workout gear to get me to the gym!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  5. Anything with chocolate and peanut butter is just the best combination in my eyes, so that mini bagel with the spread sounds amazing!

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? It's sooo addictive though haha I thought it would at least be healthier than Nutella. I'd just eat the whole jar!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  6. I've heard so many great things about 'Ignite Me' it's definitely on my list of books to read next! xo

    McKenzie | therosynook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! I was so addicted to reading it <3 Let me know what you think of it?
      Steph x.

      Delete
  7. I need to try Rimmel Stay Matte foundation. I have seen it for quite some time, but never gave it a chance as I am still in love with my Maybelline Fit Me one :) And I love making my own popcorn, but I love them sweet and salty at the same time, so I usually make them with marshmallows and butter and sprinkle with sea salt. TASTES AMAZING! :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh the Fit Me foundations are amazing, right? I'm definitely replacing mine when it runs out. OMG marshmallows! That's genius! I need to try that ASAP.
    Steph x.

    ReplyDelete