My Morning Routine

Thursday 7 January 2016


7-7:30 am:Wake up time! I hate wasting the day so I always try my best to get up before 8am (let's face it, this doesn't always happen.) After my alarm goes off I usually lay in bed for a bit and check my notifications or see what YouTube videos have gone up. This always helps me wake up!



I go straight to the kitchen so I can get my much-needed coffee fix, which I can't start my day without. I start making my breakfast at this point too, even if I'm no entirely hungry yet. My usual go-to is porridge with banana and blueberries, but sometimes I will change it up and just have yogurt and fruit. You know, because you have to keep life interesting. I always put chia seeds in my breakfast, because it gives me great energy for the rest of the day.





Next comes a very important part of my morning: watching the latest Sacconejolys vlog on YouTube. My day is not complete without them! Even on holiday I made sure to catch up on their daily vlogs. It always starts my day on such a happy note. I will put on a few other videos as well, or I'll start listening to music.


8am: After I've had breakfast, I always check my social media properly. This usually means scrolling Twitter for far too long! Although, social networking is a big part of a bloggers life so I don't feel bad for it. I also love this time for reading a few blogs as well, and see if I can find some new ones to follow (leave me your links!)

When I was working at my last job, I hated not having this chill time in the morning. I would go off to work in such a rush that I would even eat my toast in the car (I wouldn't recommend it.) I feel very grateful that I can start my day like this now.


8:30am: This is when I start to get my blog post for the day ready to go up. Just a bit of last minute editing and making sure all of the links are there. Sometimes it gets to 8.45am and I've forgotten that I have to get a post up...I might start editing a few other posts at this point too.

9am: Blog post time! I think it's really important to have a set time for your posts to go up, and this seems to be the perfect hour for mine. I usually go back to Twitter after I have hit the publish button and maybe go through a few tags, like #girlgang.



9.30am: Now comes the boring part of my morning where I force myself away from my laptop and get some chores done. You know, empty the dishwasher and put the washing out. After I'm done it's time to change into my gym clothes. I will be honest and say that I do wear eyeliner to the gym, just because I don't want to look like a complete zombie. I try and start drinking some water at this point too.

 

10-10.30am: Gym time! (that's genuine excitement btw) I really should be at the gym by 10am, but lets face it, I'm one of these people who are usually late for things. It would also be smart to go earlier in the morning, but with all the people there it's a panic attack waiting to happen. I just can't concentrate, so I wait for everyone to leave instead. My day isn't the same without the gym now. I'm always more energized and feel more productive when I have gone that day. I usually go for an hour, or a bit less on days that I meet my Mum for a run afterwards. 

11.30am: Home from the gym! I'm usually starving and exhausted by this point, so I make myself a protein smoothie. I've come up with my ultimate favorite recipe, and it's always my reward after a hard workout or run. It's all blended up using our Nutri-Bullet, which I honestly use twice a day. It's been amazing in getting me to eat healthier.
  • 1/2 a frozen banana (chopped)
  • Tbsp peanut butter
  • 1 cup of milk (I use almond or calcium-enriched)
  • 1 tsp cacao powder
  • 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder


11:45am: Shower time! I only live 5-10 minutes away from my gym, so I don't bother showering there unless I need to rush off to an appointment. My favorite post-gym shower gel is the Zoella Beauty Foam Sweet Foam, which is super refreshing and smells like blueberries. Since my skin is usually gross at this point too, I always use a cleanser and my favorite lately has been one by First Aid Beauty. Unfortunately, I am now running out and need to order some more since it's so good!


Whenever I use my Zoella Beauty shower gel, I always moisturize with her softening lotion afterwards. The scent is exactly the same, so it's the perfect match. Plus, it makes your skin feel amazing. This is usually the point in the day where I feel energized and ready to get work done.

By this point it has gone past 12pm (since I've taken too long picking an outfit) so I have my lunch before putting on my makeup for the day. And that finishes off my morning!
. . .

I hope you enjoyed this post! I love watching videos of this on YouTube, so I thought it would be fun to give it a go. I know I always curious to see how other bloggers spend their mornings.

What's your favorite part of your morning?
Steph x.



28 comments :

  1. Really loved this post Steph. Your pictures are so beautiful and bright, they made me smile. Your morning routine is lovely! :) xx

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much! Your comment made my day! So glad you liked it.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Your pictures are so pretty and bright! Everything is so well presented!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I quite the perfectionist when it comes to my photos. Glad you liked it =)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. This is such a great post! I have planned a post like this one for Sunday and I'm really excited to post it :) I loves yours and I love that you showed all the products you use and what you eat :) xx

    abittersweetdiary.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! These kinds of posts are fun to do, right? I'll will check it out when you post it! I'm so nosy, I love seeing what people get up to. So glad you liked my post!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. Wow you have such a productive morning unfortunately I have to be out by between 6:30 and 7:30 every day! Bring on the weekends x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I hate early mornings =( You must have to wake up quite early then? Always live for the weekend!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  5. Nice! I made morning routine on my YT channel also. https://youtu.be/TpW3km4N-6c

    xoxo,
    Pam
    unapologeticallypam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I will go check it out. I love those kinds of videos =)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a very enjoyable morning! I'm always useless at getting up early but I want to improve this year! x

    Jasmin Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I just can't myself stay on my laptop for too long or I won't move at all lol You can do it! I'm always so much happier when I'm productive.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  7. Love the photos! Can I just say that your day is super productive! I need to be like that! I literally scroll on social media for hours till my stomach growls! Hahaha

    Kim.
    www.vanmenxel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Since I quit my job I've forced myself to be productive. Haha I know what you mean! It's so hard to tear yourself away!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  8. Wow your morning is really inspiring! I can't wait to try that smoothie it seems delicious.
    And your photos are amazing!
    Sofia.
    Dandyandsofia.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much! That means a lot. It's the best post-workout smoothie! Let me know if you do try it.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  9. I love these posts as much as I love watching them on YouTube. I find it so interesting to see what others do in their mornings and compare to mine. Your photos looks so beautiful and bright, I'm jealous, haha!
    My favorite thing about my morning is probably that time when I wake up and spend around an hour scrolling through twitter, Instagram and YouTube, haha. I also love answering to the comments on my posts in the mornings, puts a smile on my face everyday :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! I'm really glad you liked it. Aw thank you! It's just natural lighting and a little editing. I'm lucky we are in summer here.
      Ah I love that too! It's so relaxing.
      Reading comments is one of my favorite things to do =) Everyone is so lovely.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  10. Oh, I loved reading this. The Sacconejoly's are part of my morning routine too! That smoothie sounds delicious, and such a perfect post gym snack. Thanks for sharing!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG now way! I love meeting my Friendliest Friends ; )
      So glad you liked my post!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  11. Your morning is pretty much identical to me. Thanks for sharing! I love reading others routines.
    - Amanda Shuman | www.carrylovedesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you love your mornings too : ) I love these posts too.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  12. I was relaxed just reading this lol. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mornings sound like yours used to be - a total rush! I really want to be a bit more organised so I at least have a bit of time to relax before work. Maybe one day!

    Nina - www.wordsbynina.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's such a pain to have to rush off every morning. One day for sure! : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  14. I loved reading about your morning routine. It sounded so blissful and relaxed in comparison to my mad dash around. This is the kind of morning I dream about! I only recently found your blog via Twitter and I can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! I'm really glad you enjoyed it. I'm very lucky to have my routine. Believe me when I say that I treasure it : ) Thanks so much for reading my blog!
      Steph x.

      Delete