50 Things That Make Me Happy

Saturday 9 January 2016


Hello Everybody!
I came across this lovely blog post a while back and loved it so much that I immediately started writing down my own list. As I've grown older I've learned how much you have to appreciate the little things in life and you never realize how much of a difference they make to your happiness. When I'm stressed, it's nice to look back at a list like this be reminded of all the things that make me feel better.

Here are 50 things that make me happy:

1. Books. Lots and lots of books. 

2. Coffee, made just the way I like it. 

3. My dog's faces when I get home from work.

4. Starting a new planner in January. 


5. Superhero movies. 

6. Snow. The more like Narnia, the better.

7. Interacting with other bloggers.

8. Feeling comfortable in my own skin. 

9. Wearing new socks for the first time.

10. Going to concerts.

11. Getting into bed with fresh sheets.

12. Roller-coasters.


13. Buying new stationary.

14. YouTube videos.

15. Getting that perfect photo.

16. Getting on a plane before a holiday.

17. Wearing bold lipstick.

18. Mexican food. 

19. My family (seriously, how did I get so lucky?)

20. Mash-ups of pop songs. 

21. Beach days.

22. Mint chocolate chip ice-cream.


23. When my favorite song comes on the radio.

24. Looking at old photos.

25.When someone smiles back.

26. Blogging <3

27. Getting new tattoos.

28. Pop music.

29. Seeing squirrels in America.

30. Watching Chuck

31. Baking for my family.

32. Skiing. And not falling over once!

33. Movie marathons with friends.

34. Spontaneous adventures.

35. Wearing big hoodies.

36. Sloths. 

37. Creating and coming up with ideas.

38. Christmas time. 

39. Flat-lay photos.

40. Liking every song on an album.

41. Working out in an empty gym.

42. Lindt Chocolate. 

43. Margaritas.

44. When my liquid eyeliner game is on point (Which isn't very often, so it's nice when it works)

45. Making pancakes. And eating them.

46. Listening to movie soundtracks. 

47. Having my Mum's fruit crumble for dessert. 

48. Finishing a running event.

49. Seeing my hard work paying off at the gym. 

50. Hawaii. My ultimate happy place.


Now it's your turn! What makes you happy? 
If you have done a post like this before, leave me a link and I will go check it out. 

Steph x.

27 comments :

  1. A lot of these are the same for me! I love my dogs faces when I get home from work! x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Aw dogs are the best, they never fail to make me smile.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. So many of these things also make me happy! I love listening to movie soundtracks and interacting with my blogger friends! I love if when someone tweets me with something nice, it makes my day x


    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm glad. I thought I was one of the only people who listened to movie soundtracks! That's awesome.
      You can't beat a nice tweet! I feel weird for doing it sometimes but I love supporting fellow bloggers.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. Love many of the same things, but one of my FAVORITE thing is going to concerts, it's nothing like it!

    Kim
    www.vanmenxel.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I know, right? It's so exciting and fun! Have you had any favorites you've been to? Ed Sheeran blew my mind.

      Delete
  4. I love these sort of posts, they're so lovely!

    Jemima x
    anotherrantingreader.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you liked it! I love reading them too, they always make me happy.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  5. Now I know why I love you and your blog! We love the same things! hahah!! SCORE!

    Dee | PromptsbyDee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww you're so sweet! I love your blog too! It's so cool when you meet people with the same taste. Now I know why you're so awesome!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  6. Love this list, Steph! Little things like these make me so happy. Few of them: making others laugh, hiking, getting on a plane, reading a comment on my blog, getting new fuzzy socks, drinking Latte Machiato, completing a puzzle and so on :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leta! It's the best feeling when you can make someone laugh. Makes me wish I was a funnier person! You have great taste, my friend.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  7. I love this, too many times I think about things that are bothering me rather than appreciating the small things. A lot of the things you listed make me happy too! Can I try your mum's fruit crumble? haha!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay! Yeah, it can be hard to stop and enjoy the little things that make us happy sometimes. I'm glad we have similar taste! Haha it's amazing because she always puts sour fruit in it and hazelnuts in the crumb for extra crunch. It's so good!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  8. Love all the 50 lists that makes you happy, there are make me happy as well.
    Sadly so far I don't have a pet~ I really wish can have a cat soon!

    Akane
    www.humancat.co

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw yay! I'm glad they make you happy too.
      Cat's are so cute, I'm sure you'll be able to get one soon!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  9. Such a lovely post. Made me smile!xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! These kinds of posts always make me happy so I'm it made you smile! It means I've done my job!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  10. I love this post, just the simple things like this make me happy too :)

    Leanne | www.oohsimplething.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Exactly, the little things in life is all we need.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  11. Ooh I love this list Steph!! You've made me want to write one too now! :) What a lovely post! :) I have to say that watching Chuck makes me the happiest too! :) xx

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! That makes me really happy : ) I would love to read it!
      Haha Chuck is the best, so glad you agree!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  12. I agree with all of these. Such a good post. :)
    Sally x
    http://asprinkleofsally.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, I love this post. I still have a draft of a similar post waiting but it's not finished. Your post reminded me of it and I should get it done. It's nice to see what makes other people happy and to find things where you're like "yeah, me too" and things where I think "really?!" Stationary, fresh sheets, Christmas time?! Definitely on my list, too. :)

    xx Hailey - www.haileyjaderyan / www.instagram.com/haileyjaderyan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you should! I would love to read your answers : ) Haha it's great for finding people who like the same things. Let me know when you publish your post!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  14. Coffee and mint chocolate chip ice cream are AMAZING!!! How did I not find your blog sooner? ;)

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are amazing! Now I really want mint ice cream : P
      I'm glad you like my blog!
      Steph x.

      Delete