How I Organize My Weekly Planner

Tuesday 5 January 2016


Hello Everyone!
One of my absolute favorite things about starting the New Year is getting to organize my new planner. I get a real kick out of writing everything down and it makes me so excited to start new projects. Since leaving university the year before last, I haven't had much of a reason to have a planner (adult life is boring!) But since I started blogging, I need to have everything super-organized to keep afloat, which means more fun for me!
Since I enjoy this kind of thing, I thought I would share how I organize my weeks and any tips I have for staying on top of things. 

My Planner


So I picked this one up at Typo, which is one of my absolute favorite places to shop because they always have really cool stationary. I loved it because each day has a lot of space and there's a monthly calendar before the beginning of each month. It also has a blank page for notes at the start of each month too, which is great for writing out your goals for that particular month. Always choose your planner carefully! It will make organizing so much easier. 

Monthly Planner  


So, this is where I plan out my month of blog posts, which helps me visualize what the month is going to be like. Since doing blogmas, my goal for 2016 is to get four posts up every week instead of three. This way I can plan out my whole month in advance and make sure I have enough ideas organized. I make sure to leave a bit of room in case I have to change ideas or I get a better one. You could also write in any big events here too.

Notes


Since this section is blank, you could use it for anything you want. I'm going to use it for key things coming up in the month or financial things to prepare for. You could also write your monthly goals here, which could be for your blog, exercising regularly, or anything personal. If it's going to be a busy month, then don't forget to remind yourself to take some time to relax and chill out. 

Notes to write in the week


We all know that every day will be different, and with blogging there's always so much to do! Daily tasks and reminders will take up most of the room and it's a good idea to write these in at the start of the week. 

Things I will be writing in each week: 
Blog posts to go up
Twitter chats 
Tasks to complete that day
Days I'm working
Pay day
Payments coming out
 Reminders e.g put money in savings  
Appointments 
Birthdays 
Key things that happen to remember later

Year Planner


This is the boring part, but it's one of those necessary adult things to do. In this section I am going to write my income throughout the year, as well as the balance of my savings. I think it's a really good idea to keep track of this, even though it can be a bit depressing! I have an exciting trip planned for September that I have to save hard for, so I need to be smart about finances this year. I guess we have to pretend to be adults some times, right?

It is my aim to be glued to my diary this year, it just helps me to have everything written down.
I hope this helps anyone looking to be more organized in 2016.

What's your favorite way to stay organized?
Steph x. 

15 comments :

  1. I am much more of an online planning kind of gal but this post was strangely stasfying! I also love your new planner x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome. Do you use any good apps? Haha I'm glad!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. I just discovered your blog and I'm so glad I did! I don't really use a diary, I have a lot of note books though for different 'topics' and I also plan a lot on the Notes app because it syncs with all my apple devices.

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm so glad you like my blog! That made my day =)I use lots of notebooks for stuff too. Do you have a favorite stationary brand? I'm always on the lookout for new ones!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. Hope you have a great 2016 and plans! Nice post xo

    http://www.kinikunormal.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your planner looks. I use online planner as well as it can remind me about deadlines and things I need to do through out the day :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's a really good idea. What program do you use?
      Steph x.

      Delete
    2. I have Samsung Galaxy Tab and there is a S Planner and it works perfectly for me. But I am sure there are many good online planner out there for all devices :)

      Delete
  5. Love the planner! I always find it really enjoyable to sort through a planner & see what I'm up to for each month.xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Same here, it's so satisfying!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  6. Such a cute planner, I love how everything is big so you can actually write in it (lol)! I can't stand those types of planner where the cover is cute, but the calendar part and individual day parts are small.

    Personally, I always been a planner type of girl and coloring coding is absolutely the best thing ever (lol)!

    Hope you have a fantastical 2016! #girlgang

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's great, right? I know! Sometimes there's hardly any room to write in. That's awesome! Planners are so much fun.
      Same to you too!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  7. I really liked this post. It's great seeing everyone's goals for the year but actually seeing the diary and your plan is really refreshing. I'm on a healthy eating kick so I've been writing down what meals I'm having during the day.

    EL xx
    www.owlsandstags.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm really glad you liked it. I really love organizing things, so I wanted to share this.
      That's a really great idea! It's good to be able to look back and see what you've eaten that week.
      Steph x.

      Delete