My Favorite Things About Christmas

Thursday 17 December 2015


 Hello Everyone!
I can't believe it's only a week until Christmas! It's been a busy month so December has just flown by. In all of the hustle, it's nice to pause and remember why this is my favorite time of year. After a hectic shopping trip yesterday, this is especially important!
Here are my favorite things about Christmas:

Putting up our Christmas tree
This is usually when it starts to feel like Christmas to me. Since we've collected our tree decorations over the years it also brings back a lot of great memories. My personal favorite is a Santa that we got in the most amazing Christmas shop in Boston, which helps us remember our trip last year.


Christmas movies
Christmas Eve in my family usually means baking in the kitchen and Christmas movies on the TV. New Zealand is pretty terrible for putting Christmas movies on, so we usually end up watching the same DVDs every year. The Grinch and the Polar Express are must-haves!

Chocolate Oranges!
 I blame British YouTubers entirely for my addiction to these. I'm not sure how many I bought and ate last year, but it was a lot for sure. They're just so good! If you have never tried one, it's like someone has made an orange entirely out of chocolate. With the segments, orange flavor, and the stalk in the middle as the best part!

Christmas food
This has a lot to do with our family traditions, like making a big brunch with sparkling grape juice and having a BBQ dinner. Even though they deny it, my Mum and her sister have a friendly competition over who brings what food every year. Believe me when I say that no one goes hungry! Its always my favorite meal of the year.


Surprise Gifts
We are terrible in my family for telling each other what we want for Christmas, so we usually know what we are getting. Which is what makes sneaking a few extra gifts under the tree so fun!

Online Festiveness  
This is a recent favorite of mine, and Christmas doesn't feel the same without it anymore. Thanks to Vlogmas on YouTube, I feel like I have a pretty good idea about what it's like to celebrate Christmas in the UK. It's also hard to watch Zoella in full festive-mode and not feel happy about this time of year! Bless her.

What are your favorite parts of Christmas? 
Let me know in the comments!
Steph x.


Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

2 comments :

  1. putting the tree up was ALWAYS my favourite thing while growing up, but now I live in a shared house, I've not done it in about 10 years. How sad is that?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I hope you get to do it again soon! No one else in my family could be bothered putting it up so I did it myself. But it won't feel like Christmas without it!

      Steph x.

      Delete