October Book Challenge: Update and Reviews

Sunday 1 November 2015


Hello Everybody!
If you remember back to the start of the month, I wrote a post about my October Reading Challenge that I decided to undertake. Essentially, I set myself up to read one book per week during the month and...

I did it!
I pretty much stuck to the books on my list, except I swapped The Son of Neptune for The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire. Because, you know, it's Dan and Phil! I have to be in the right mood to read a Percy Jackson book for some reason. It was nice always having a book at hand again.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
 I really enjoyed reading this again. Actually, I think I liked it more this time around. I did forget how gruesome some of the chapters were though! The movie should be amazing. Emotional, but amazing.

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater 
I absolutely love these books! Maggie's transitions from character to character are perfect, and I find it almost feels like you're reading/watching a TV show. I have to say that Blue is one of my favorite female characters ever; she knows how to stand up for herself and be proud of who she is. I may have ordered the third book before I finished this one...


The Amazing Book Is Not On Fire by Dan Howell and Phil Lester
This was probably the book-by-a-YouTuber(s) I was looking forward to the most. These two were the ones who got me addicted to YouTube a couple years back. I have to say, they did an awesome job with this book! My favorite sections were the Fan Fictions and the BBC Radio 1 story. There's tonnes of random pages in between that made it such a fun read!  

#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso
I have been wanting to read this for the longest time, and I'm so glad I finally did! Can I have Sophia as my best friend, please? This book was really inspiring, and I'm definitely at the right age to read it. Her story is definitely unique and she gives amazing advice to daring young girls (like us bloggers!) when it comes to creating our dream lives. Highly recommend!

What's your favorite book at the moment?
Until next time x.


Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

No comments:

Post a Comment