12 Things I'm Looking Forward to This December

Monday 30 November 2015



Hello Everyone!
December is always one of my favorite months of the year, since there's a lot of exciting things going on. I also used to be someone who hated anything Christmas before December had even started, but now I love it! I've been very tempted to watch Christmas movies in November...very tempted!
While the festiveness always makes it such a fun month, there's also a tonne of non-Christmas related stuff to look forward to as well.


I'm looking forward to...

1. Star Wars: The Force Awakens
A little unknown fact for you, from the age of twelve to about fourteen I was obsessed with Star Wars. To be fair, I needed something to keep me occupied in between Harry Potter movies being released. But I still love it and the trailers look amazing! My awesome brother actually pre-booked us all tickets in October the day they got released. Cheers Bro.

2. New Tattoo
To my mother's comment "Another one?!" yes, I am getting inked again. I'm incredibly excited about getting this one done since I have been planning it for quite some time. I've had it specially designed and it's going to have a lot of meaning to my 2015 journey. It's going to my biggest one yet too, so let's hope IPhone games can keep me distracted from the needle!

3. Christmas Dinner
At my house this is the only day of the year we have a full course meal. My darling Mum always gets creative on dips to make and cheeses to serve. Then my Dad cranks up the BBQ, which for me means a seafood feast, including the only time of the year I get to eat scallops. This is followed by too many servings of dessert, and some supper with coffee. Of course, I have to help clean up the dishes, but you can't beat Christmas dinner!

4. Getting in the Christmas Spirit!
I blame Zoella entirely for my newfound love of Christmas. As well as the glorious food, there's something about the feeling of December that makes me all warm and fuzzy inside. I think it's my favorite time of year now. Despite it being summer here in New Zealand, I will still be lighting a few scented candles and making hot drinks to get into the mood of it.

5. Blogmas
I actually wanted to participate in Blogmas last year, but I never got around to it. This year I am up for the challenge! I'm also excited to see other bloggers posting each day too. It will be great to put my organizational skills to the test. Should be fun!

6. Summer fruit
This is the best part of the year for fruit: raspberries, blueberries, boysenberries, cherries...our fridge will be stocked, along with vanilla ice cream in the freezer to make one of my favorite desserts ever!

7. Maze Runner: Scorch Trials DVD Release
Now I'm quite a big Maze Runner fan, love the books and the movies. I was super excited for this film to come out and I honestly think it was even better than the first. I can't wait to watch it again and try to pick up bits from the book. 

8. Hello, Summer  
It seems like we can't quite shake winter right now! While Spring has been lovely with all of the flowers coming out, I'm really looking forward to getting out in the sun more. I have too many cute outfits I can't wear until the weather warms up. Yeah, the struggle is real.


9. Turning 24
While this also completely terrifies me, I think my 24th year might be my best yet. My 23rd year was still pretty good, I ran a half-marathon, went to Hawaii, started blogging, and became a gym-bunny. But all of that only feels like the start. I now have a clearer vision of what I want in terms of a career and the lifestyle I need in order to be my best self. Bring it on, I say!

10. Celebrating Christmas on YouTube
Anyone else love watching vlogmas videos? I think Zoella is always my favorite to keep up with. Plus this year she's uploading a video onto her main channel everyday! I'm also excited to see my favorite Irish family, the Sacconejolys, celebrating with their two little ones. It's going to be a cuteness overload! Hopefully Dan and Phil will celebrate with Dilmas again this year too.

11. Ant Man DVD Release
As much as I love the original Avengers, I'm loving these new additions to the Marvel universe. I know everyone had their doubts about this movie because of the name, but boy were they wrong. There's such a great balance of humor and heart in this. Can't wait to see him with the other Avengers next year!

12. Socializing
Yup, even I'm surprised by this one. But since it's the month of birthdays, as well as Christmas, December means going out for dinner a lot, which is one of my favorite things to do. We are already booked in at my favorite Mexican place for my birthday, and Indian for my brother (My two favorites!) Plus I'm going out for pizza with my work mates as well. I'm fine with socializing if there's food involved, OK?



What are you most looking forward to in December? It's going to be a good month!
Happy Blogmas!
Steph x.

Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

2 comments :

  1. I can't wait for christmas on youtube! It makes me feel so festive and excited and makes me so happy seeing what everyone else does and all th edecorations and everything! I am also doing blog mass this year :) can't wait to read the rest of your blogs!

    http://heyitskiaerin.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same! I love seeing how happy every gets at Christmas, it's so contagious! Don't you love Zoe's festive bedroom this year?
      Awesome! Blogmas should be fun. Thanks so much =D I will follow along with yours too!
      Steph x.

      Delete