My Fitness Bucketlist

Friday 13 November 2015


Hello Everyone!
I've decided that since fitness is a very important part of my life, I want to include it more in my blog. This year I completed my first half-marathon, which was tough but makes you feel like you can do anything. So I thought it was time that I start working on some pretty big fitness goals. I'm also a massive lover of bucket-lists so why not combine the two?

Run a full marathon 
Might as well while I'm young, right? I told myself that my big challenge at 25 will be to run a marathon, and I intend on keeping that promise. There's two generations behind me that have done it, so it would mean a lot to be the next one to carry it on.

Run the Disney World Marathon
I don't think you could find a cooler run. You get to got through all four parks and everyone gets a Mickey medal! Then you can recover in Florida for a few days. I'm going to make this happen soon!
 
Climb the Great Wall of China
It has to be done, right? There's actually a marathon based around it which would be hard, but totally worth it. You would definitely earn bragging rights for doing it. Traveling and competing are a winning combo for me!

Climb the Haiku Stairs, Oahu, Hawaii
This one looks absolutely insane and potentially dangerous. So of course I want to do it. It's 4000 steps up and is the Oahu's most difficult hike. But the views look absolutely stunning so I know it will be worth it at the top. Hopefully my runners legs will help me get up this one. 
 
Compete in a Reebok Spartan Race 
When we were last in Hawaii, we came across this race at the Kualoa Ranch and it looked pretty insane. When I saw it at the time I thought there was no way I could do it. Now that I have really got into my training I have a lot more confidence and I reckon with the right team this would be awesome. It's probably the most bad-ass race ever, I mean, you get to jump over fire! Sign me up.

Climb to Machu Picchu 
It's about a three day hike but the sights look so stunning. This is something that's also on my Mum's bucketlist, so hopefully we can do this one together in the next few years!

Run the Avengers half-marathon
I mean, the have a night time pasta party! What better reason do you need? Oh, and I can dress as a super-hero and not be judged, hooray! Definitely going as Captain America.

Run the London marathon
Apart from New York and Boston, this is probably one of the iconic marathons. The sights would be amazing and a lot of it is for charity so it has to be done. 

Have a strong, fit body
Going to the gym and getting toned was never about getting skinny for me. Both sides of my family have quite stocky body shapes and don't really grow over six foot, so I have quite thick shoulders and thighs. But as I have been working hard I've noticed how much I love having a more muscular and strong body. Bring on the abs!

Conquer the pull-up 
I've already been practicing this one and getting better. My trainer has me using a bungee to help, but one day I would love to not even have to use it. Especially since I've come from having absolutely no upper body strength at all!

3 Minute Forearm Plank 
Probably going to be the longest three minutes of my life, but to be able to say that I can plank for that long would be awesome. I can clock about a minute at the moment so I need to do some hard work to get there! 

Show off my hard work  
I've had a couple of friends post their weight-loss success on Facebook and I think it's great! People work damn hard to get into shape. So to be able to post a picture showing off a few abs will feel great. I'd say in about a year I will be in my dream shape so it will be my turn then.


It's very ambitious, I know, but you have to work hard and dream big! 

What would be on your fitness bucketlist? 

Let me know! Pretty please? x.


Main Photo Credit: Instagram

Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph


No comments:

Post a Comment