What I'm Currently Geeking-Out About

Sunday 17 April 2016




Anyone who knows me will tell you that I'm pretty passionate when it comes to my fandoms. I've seen a lot of great bloggers embracing their nerdy-side lately and it's made for some great blog reading. It's encouraged me to talk more about what makes me geek-out and how excited I am for things to come. Get ready for a whole lot of exclamation marks and geeky-ramblings!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 
I wasn't too sure about this movie series when it was announced, but the recent trailer has me so pumped for it's release! I grew up obsessed with Harry Potter, so I'm keeping my mind open about this prequel. The trailer does have that HP feeling to it, and even just hearing the theme music had me grinning from ear to ear. I'm really digging the old school New York vibe that we're getting, plus the cast list is incredible. Hurry up November!



Daredevil 
Considering how much I have struggled to get into a superhero TV shows in the past, I'm so happy I've found one to get addicted to. Daredevil just keeps getting better and better! This show has the perfect balance of humor and grittiness to keep me hooked. I've just about finished season 1 (I know, I'm a bit slow!) but everyone has raved about season 2 being amazing so my expectations are high. I am so glad they made this into a TV series and not a movie, so that we can get as much of the story as possible. There have been so many unexpected jaw-dropping moments so far, I'm addicted!

Suicide Squad 
They released another trailer for the movie and I just have one word: BATMAN! When I heard Ben Affleck had a bigger role in this than we all thought, I was so happy. He did such a great job in Batman v. Superman as the older/worn Bruce Wayne. The characters in this movie just look so flipping cool and badass. I'm usually a Marvel girl, but I'm loving the direction DC has started to go in. And you have to admit Harley Quinn is totally awesome. I love Superman, but it's great to get some anti-heroes thrown into the mix now too.



Captain America: Civil War 
Bet you knew this one was coming! It's possibly my most anticipated movie of 2016 and the release date is getting so close! Since the press tour has officially started, I've been watching a few interviews with the cast who are all hilarious (bless you, Jimmy Kimmel.) I think I'm most excited to see all of the characters banter with each other, especially with Paul Rudd in the mix. And even though he's on the opposite side, I am a big fan of Spiderman. Team Cap anyday!

Doctor Strange Teaser  
Benedict Cumberbatch + Marvel Universe = One VERY happy fangirl. If you're not sure of the story, it's about a neurosurgeon who is injured in a car accident and goes on a journey to heal himself. He encounters all kinds of magic and gains some pretty cool abilities (creating portals and levitating) and thus, another great superhero takes the stage. I love anything to do with magic, and I equally geek out over superheros, so to combine those two should be amazing! Especially if Mr Cumberbatch is involved. 

Re-watching Teen Wolf  
I've probably mentioned my love for this show many times before, but I gonna tell you again how addicted I am to it. I was chatting to a few lovely bloggers on Twitter the other day and we were all saying how much we missed the old cast. As much as season 5 was still gut-wrenching and filled with cute boys, I really missed Derek and some of the others being on the show. I've gone back to watching season 3, which is one of my favorites, and it's so great having the old gang back together. Allison is just the coolest, and I miss the more innocent Stiles before he was possessed by an evil Japanese spirit. There's no better way for me to spend my Friday night than binge-watching some Beacon Hills action!


So many exciting things coming up! : D
What have you guys been geeking out about?

Steph x.

8 comments :

  1. I'm agreeing with you on this one- Captain America- Civil War was uh-maz-ing. My girlfriend and I absolutely love Captain America (in fact, she's OBSESSED), so we took a night to watch it with popcorn and nail polish. Also, I saw you post the Deadpool pirate on Twitter, and ughhh I can't get enough of him! So adorable! x

    http://wanderlustgirl-kb.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm so excited to see it now!! Cap is pretty amazing. Sounds like the perfect girls night! Thank you, I just had to buy him because he was too cute and awesome : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Love this post, it's so much fun talking about things that make you happy! :) I wasn't sure about what to think of "Fantastic Beasts and where to find them" I always get nervous about Harry Potter things that aren't the originally 7 stories but then when I saw the new trailer and they mention Albus Dumbledore and the music plays, I was like you, grinning from ear to ear and super excited that we get to visit the world again in something new! :)
    I don't know much about Suicide Squad apart from that I think Scott Eastwood is in it...:) and you know by now...Team Cap all the way! Can not wait for civil war!! :)

    Kelly x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked it Kelly!! This was actually a really fun and easy post to put together. Yes! It was the link back to the original HP series that made me excited too : ) Can't wait!
      Haha yay! TEAM CAP! You have to let me know what you think of it when it comes out : D
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. I'm super excited about Fantastic Beasts. I really hope it will be as good as I am hoping. Also, Teen Wolf will never fail me. I love that show! I as well miss Derek and that innocent Stiles. Plus, I really loved Isac's character, he was adorable! :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Same here, since J.K wrote it I'm sure it's going to be amazing. I know, right?! You can never go wrong with Teen Wolf. Issac was pretty cute : ) I heard a rumor he was coming back in season 5 and I was sad that it didn't turn out to be true : ( Maybe in season 6!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. Omg... totally a Teen Wolf fan!! Daredevil was fantastic and the ending was superb... omg!

    I will agree that DC is looking rather good. Still had mix reviews about B vs S, but I hope to con the hubs into seeing it this weekend.

    Dr Strange should be fantastic. I can't wait to see that!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Teen Wolf is the best. Yeah I had mixed feelings about B vs S as well, I kinda liked it more the second time to be honest. Can't wait for Doctor Strange either! It looks different for a Marvel movie : )
      Steph x.

      Delete