Meal Prep Ideas #3 Ginger & Chili Stirfry

Friday 22 April 2016




Hello Everyone! I have some good news for you. I weighed myself recently and discovered that I have dropped 2kg! I've felt really good about my eating habits lately, and I truly believe starting meal prep has helped me a lot. The more that I focus on clean eating, then the less I crave any kind of bad foods. This week's prep was probably the easiest recipe I have made so far, and one of my favorites to eat. It was also super quick, so if you don't have a lot of time to spare then this one is for you!

I actually had my mind set on making a vegetable-filled meal during the week, but now I need it more than ever! There seems to be a cold going around at the moment and I've started getting a few headaches while I feel like I'm getting sick myself. Medicine isn't really ever the first response to illness in our family, instead we always pack our food full of ingredients that help build our immunity. This means lots of chili, ginger, lemon, garlic, and lots of fruits/vegetables!
This recipe should definitely do the trick in helping me beat this cold and not let it stop me from enjoying my day.

Ingredients



You can use any vegetables that take your fancy or, like me, whatever you have lying about in the fridge. Don't forget to add a protein of some kind too, being vegetarian I opted for tofu as always. It never fails to keep me full for the rest of the day.

Here's what I used: 
2 cups mushrooms
1 head broccoli
2 medium carrots
1 red capsicum
1 cup edamame (soy beans)
1 zucchini 
1 packet of Tofu 
1 onion, diced 
2-3 small chili
2 teaspoons crushed ginger
1 teaspoon crushed garlic

For the sauce: 
1-2 teaspoons honey
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
optional: 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder, to thicken

To serve:
150g Bulgar wheat, soaked in boiling water for 10 minutes. 

 If you love spicy food, feel free to add as many chili peppers as you like. It's great to get your metabolism running! I'm growing to like it more and more, so 3 was a good amount for me.

Healthy Treat: Pumpkin Pie Cookies 


I also found a new healthy biscuit recipe as a nice treat. Autumn is in full-swing here now, so pumpkin spice seemed perfect. Once again, I got the recipe from Lola Berry's cookbook The Happy Life and they turned out amazing. I know they don't look like it, but the taste is incredible. Her cookbook is proving to me that I can have a treat everyday, but it doesn't have to be something that's bad for me either. This recipe is GF, low in sugar, and is so easy to make!

You will need:
1/2 cup almond butter
3/4 steamed, mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup almond meal
 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon (plus extra for sprinkling)
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
pinch of salt flakes

Optional:
1/2 cup sultanas
1 tablespoon coconut sugar, for sprinkling

Just mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until well combined, place heaped teaspoons of the mix onto a prepared baking tray, and cook for 12-15 minutes in an oven at 180*C. I flattened mine down with a fork and sprinkled some cinnamon and the brown sugar on top before I put them in.


This was definitely one of my favorite meal prep weeks so far, and it felt great adding a few more veges into my daily routine.

Have you guys tried any great recipes lately? Let me know!

Steph x.

6 comments :

  1. Girl these look so amazing! Your meal prep is so on point!! I literally just end up with chicken or tuna salad haha!!! Cant wait to see what else you cook up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love!! I'm having a lot of fun with it. Haha at least it's still healthy! Tuna salad is one of my favorites : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. These sound so nice, I'm a big fan of batch cooking so this sounds like a recipe to try. Thanks for sharing. =^-^=

    Sam | Momentarily Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sam! So awesome that you love meal prepping too : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. The stirfry sounds and looks amazing! I'm vegan so it sounds like the perfect meal to try out. The cookies look delicious as well and they seem to be vegan too, gonna try them out :)

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Saara! It tasted so good. I love trying out vegan food, so I will be sure to try out and share more. I hope you like them : )
      Steph x.

      Delete