5 Things That Happened a Month After Quitting My Job

Wednesday 28 October 2015




 I only realized the other day that it had been just over a month since I left my full-time job. It also made me realize how completely different I feel since walking away. October 2015 has probably been the most progressive month of the year for me. I won't go into reasons why I left, but let's just say it was a very negative environment for me. That is all behind me now, so let's get on to the good stuff!

So, what happened?

I got my fire back
One thing I pride myself on is being quite a strong and independent person. I definitely lost that spark as the months went on, which is essentially taking away a part of who I am. I can be a confident person, but I'm knocked down easily and I certainly was at this job. I'm not sure if it's from watching too many super-heroes as a kid (well, as an adult too), but I've always needed something more than the average. Now that it's not being stifled, I have the fire to pursuit it again.


Going to the gym became more than a habit
This month I have progressed into quite the gym-bunny, as my personal trainer likes to call me. My fitness was always important to me, but now that I have more freedom in time I have been able to dedicate a lot more attention to it. I look forward to the 4-5 days a week I can go to the gym, whereas before I was averaging 2-3 days and dreading it. Once I noticed changes happening, it started becoming an addiction. Nothing makes me feel better!


#GIRLBOSS is my future
This one also has a lot to do with getting my fiery spirit back. I've been inspired this month with finding an incredible community called #BOSSBABE, as well as starting to read #GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso. I've known for a while that I wanted to run my own creative business, but now I'm determined to do more than just that. A #GIRLBOSS is fearless in her pursuit, always remains fabulous, and keeps herself fit. That's what I want to be remembered for.

I can honestly say that I am happy
It's amazing what happens when you cut out the negativity in your life. Jobs that make you miserable are not worth it! Without them, you can start focusing on the things that really matter to you, or find better opportunities. Not to mention my anxiety levels have returned to normal. You'll be surprised how quickly your head-space changes once you walk away. 

I feel like me again
I always cherished my days off work when I could do some blogging, go to the gym, and just feel like myself again. I think when you work in customer service you tend to hold A LOT of emotions and thoughts inside. Which is not a good thing! Don't do that. That's why people tell us to do something we are passionate about, since we don't have to pretend to be interested in things that we clearly aren't. It makes me feel very hopeful that I am on the right path now.


What a great month it's been!

I would like to point out that still being young and having a part time job to fall back on has left me in a very fortunate position to start building my online career. I do, however, believe that there is always a plan B and if you, yourself, are unhappy in your job there is always something you can do about it. You might be surprised at what can happen and how many people support you! I certainly was.


What was your favorite thing that happened in October?  
Until next time x. 

Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

No comments:

Post a Comment