November Goals: Blogmas & A New Me!

Thursday 27 October 2016





Hello, Everyone!

What a month it's been! Good, bad, and absolutely heart-breaking, but I think I've come out the other side stronger than ever. I struggled a little with my blog in October with inspiration and getting views. It was probably a point where some may have given up, but not me! I am determined to keep going and always improve my blog in any ways that I can. I have some personal goals I want to share with you this month as well. I absolutely love this time of year, so I'm planning on making the most of it.



Embracing my blonde-ness 

If you follow me on Twitter you'll know that I recently went from brunette to blonde in one day. I've been wanting to do it all year and the time was finally right. All I can say is that I love it! I feel like a brand new person with all new confidence. Almost like I'm becoming my braver alter-ego (she's an absolute bad-ass.) It sounds cliche, but I really want to have fun with my new look and not take life for granted. I need to take more risks, be more honest and upfront. Hell, I might even ask the guy I like if he feels the same. I'm almost halfway to age 30 now (oh god) so I need to be a little more reckless while I still can. I've been using this confidence more lately and it has definitely paid off already!


Fitness is my passion, so I'm going to use it

I've been thinking a lot about how I want my blog to grow and what my "thing" is that sets me apart. You should always write about things that you love because it always comes through clearly in your writing. I'm all about the health & fitness side of life lately and I really want to put out more posts about it. I'm talking my favorite workout moves, recipes I'm using, accessories to try out, favorite clothing items, etc. I'll still be writing about my journal love-affair, geeky stuff, and life lessons. But expect a lot more fitness posts in the near future!


Getting ready for Blogmas!

I love this time of year! Christmas is so much bigger in the UK than NZ, so to get festive with other bloggers makes me get into the spirit of it all. Last year I made my first attempt at Blogmas and it was only successful because I spent November prepping for it. I'm not sure if I will aim to blog for the whole month (it takes the fun away from posting) but I really want to add in extra Christmas posts to my usual schedule. I'm already planning some good ones so get ready!


More book posts

I'm slowly getting back into reading and I've even picked up some exciting books lately. Book blogs are some of my favorite to read and I love writing about my bookworm side. It would definitely help me to get more reading done if I go back to the reading challenges I used to post! Keep your eyes peeled for some coming soon.


Kick my anxiety to the curb 

In keeping with the "New Me" theme of November, I've been trying really hard lately to stop over-thinking everything and just doing it. So far nothing has gone wrong (touch wood) and I've had nothing to worry about. One thing that makes my anxiety worse is tip-toeing around a subject with someone. This month I am going to work on being more straight-forward, asking for what I want instead of just hoping, and train my brain to stop the worrying before it starts. Who knows where it might lead!




What are some of your November goals?
Steph x.


Follow me on Bloglovin' and never miss a post!


4 comments :

  1. Loved this post Steph. You inspire me so much with your work ethic and how you are always pushing yourself and dreaming big. :) I have no doubt that you will smash all your goals and end the year on an amazing note! :) Also, I am loving your blonde hair, you've made me want to do something different with mine now! :p I have to say that I think your goal about saying things and going after what you want is awesome and you have motivated me to do the same. I overthink a lot too, but sometimes I just did to be confident and stand by what I believe and not worry all the time! :) We got this! :)

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! So glad you liked it. Aw I say the same about you and Kelly! You girls are always working so hard and it inspires me so much. It keeps me going on bad days :) Over-thinking is so horrible, but you're right. We totally got this!! x.

      Delete
  2. These are really good goals, I wish you lots of luck with them! I'm always impressed when people stick to blogmas because I can barely manage posting two or three times a week haha, I think throwing in some extra festive posts is probably a more manageable way of doing it! I hope you have fun putting it all together :) xx

    Toasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! I'm the same, some weeks it's so hard to get posts out. I think around Christmas is more fun to blog about festive stuff, so I get more creative. Blogmas is definitely a marathon though!
      Steph x.

      Delete