Daily Blog: Chia Pudding, Healthy Waffles, & Lots of Reading!

Wednesday 26 October 2016





Happy Tuesday!




Just my usual porridge this morning and coffee made better by being in my Superman mug. 




Shooting some blog photos outside before I head to the gym. I've decided that this camera doesn't like it when I put it on a self-timer. All my pictures came out fuzzy and out of focus. Luckily my Dad came to the rescue and helped me get some good shots. Thanks Dad! 




It's leg day! Yay!

I'm gonna go hard today and really push some higher reps for toning.
Here's what I did:

Warmup: 5 min treadmill run

Squats:
25kg x 12 reps, 3 sets
40kg x 8 reps
50kg x 4reps, 2 sets





5 min SkillMill walk (strapped in/level 6 resistance)

Ab Work:
Russian Twists x30/Knee to elbow x20
3 sets




Leg press:
80kg x 20, 3 sets
120kg x 8, 2 sets

Plate Drags 15kg, 3 laps

5 min SkillMill walk (strapped in/level 6 resistance)

Hip Thrusts 40 kg x20 reps, 4 sets

Split Squats, 8 kg kettlebells
10 each leg, 3 sets

Ab work again
Stretching





My trainer popped in to say hello to everyone today after being on holiday for months. It was so good to see him, but he won't be working until next year now :( I might need to find a boxing gym or get one of the other trainers to help me. I need a trainer, but none of them are as good as him...





When I got home it was so lovely and sunny that I decided to work outside again. I also picked up a coffee from my cafe to help motivate me to write. There's so many posts I want to get through today! 





It's time for lunch, so of course I'm going to spend it soaking up the sun. I'm also having time away from my screen and getting through a couple more chapters of The Raven King. I've missed these characters so much!



Relaxing time is over now. I grabbed a tamarillo and now I have to get back to writing.




Having another little break away from my screen to do some reading. I'm trying to get through 100 pages today, so this is working out well.





I've been working away on posts and now I'm hungry again. I really felt like waffles, so I put together a quick mix (thank goodness for the Nutri-Bullet!) I used: 1 small banana, half a scoop of chocolate whey powder, 1 egg, 1/4 cup oats, 1 Tbsp of Greek yogurt, 2 Tbsp almond milk & a little gluten-free flour to thicken it up.




They turned out so good! I love it when I don't use much flour and they get dense in the middle. This is guilt-free eating at it's finest.




I know it got bad reviews, but I wanted to watch Fantastic Four again. The cast make the movie for me. I may or may not have a crush on Miles Teller...





I've been wanting to make chia pudding for a while and this afternoon I finally have some time. It's super-simple to make, really. Just mix chia seeds with a can of coconut milk and a couple tablespoons of maple syrup in a bowl. Pour into serving glasses or a container and leave to set for at least four hours in the fridge.





Time for yet another snack (I'm a hungry girl.) I was craving these vegetarian sausages that taste amazing! Just add barbecue sauce, bread and enjoy!




Managed to catch the end of a very beautiful sunset.




It's been a view days since my hair was dyed, so I'm just using this Lush conditioner as a hair treatment. I really don't want it looking damaged, so hopefully all of the amazing ingredients in this will do the trick. I'm leaving it in for about 20 minutes then rinsing it out.




Since I have to wait for my hair, I thought I might as well take the time to do a face mask as well! My skin could really use some TLC right now.




I'm not super-hungry but I decided to finally have some dinner while I watch Chuck. It's just bean chili with fish on top and a little salad. It's all leftovers but it actually tasted great together.





Time to try my chia pudding! It came out so good, I just add some fruit and a little coconut on top. This is one of the easiest/most healthy desserts I've ever made. It just might be my new favorite! I made it through about 80 pages of my book today, which isn't a bad effort. The further I get into it, the more I want to read! #bookwormproblems


I'm so happy with how much blog work I got done today. Here's hoping the rest of the week is the same!

Any recommendations on what book I should read next?
Steph x.

6 comments :

  1. Looks like another great day Steph! :) I wish I had your workout motivation... I also liked the Fantasic Four movie, even if there were parts I didn't like, it was overall okay! I'm more of a Michael B Jordan girl myself :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tania! I'm glad I wasn't the only one who liked Fantastic Four :) It needed work but still good. I get ya, I quite fancied him in Creed. He made a great boxer!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Really love these daily blogs :) hope you keep doing them! x

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I definitely plan on keeping them going :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a smashing day! Those waffles look super yummy, and I can't believe your squatting so much, that's awesome! Looking forward to the next update! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The waffles were sooo good. Aw thanks so much for saying that! I'm trying to get stronger with them :)
      Steph x.

      Delete