How To Have A No-Spend Weekend

Monday 4 September 2017





I think no matter where you are in life, at some point or another money is gonna get tight. Finance has been on my mind a lot recently, owing to some exciting life changes happening soon. It's easy for me to start to freak out and wonder if I can even conquer this adult thing. 

BUT I decided this morning that instead of worrying (because as Newt Scamander says, it means you have to suffer twice) I am simply going to handle it. Like the girl-boss I know I am! 

We can all agree that the weekends is when we spend the most money. With shopping trips, going out to lunch, or buying a feast of takeaway food, it all adds up. But I am here to give you a big ol' list of ideas for saving your pennies and still enjoying your time off too. The idea is to spend your weekend being productive, which for me means happiness. Having a no-spend weekend means you're one step closer to that holiday, new car, or maybe just to have a little more cash up your sleeve for when you need it. Spending less doesn't mean you can't have fun on the weekend, you just have to get a bit creative. 


Bake with ingredients you already have

Plan a dream holiday

De-clutter areas in your home that bother you

Have a picnic 

Play board/card games 

Read that book that's been sitting on your shelf

DIY something from Pinterest

Go to the beach; take photos or just go for a walk

Re-design a room

Give your garden a little love

Watch Netflix documentaries 

Plan a weeks worth of meals

Make your car look shiny and new again

Make a vision board

Plan your dream holiday

Try YouTube Yoga

Organize your pantry

Watch the sunset

Give your dog a bath and make them all fluffy again

Take bulk blog photos for the week

Clean your fridge

Tuck up on the couch and read blogs

Start a journal project 

Make a scrapbook of happy things from 2017

Create a wish-list (never too early for Christmas)

Have a duvet-day in your living room. Building a fort is optional

Update your bucket-list

Plan a party you want to throw

Go to a botanical garden and have a photography day

Organize your closet and plan outfits for the week

Start a recipe book

Have your Mum around for a cup of tea





There you go! Plenty of ideas to fill your weekend while you save money. You really don't need to spend heaps to have fun. There's also a lot of activities that mean you get to spend more quality time with loved ones. That is what's most important, right?

How do you have a no-spend weekend?
Steph x. 


1 comment :

  1. I need to do these things! I'm a shocker for blowing all my money on things. Maybe I should try and cook my way through my pantry

    ReplyDelete