Hawaii Food Diary: Where To Eat In Waikiki

Wednesday 9 August 2017


Aloha!
You guys ready for another food diary? I LOVE doing these while I'm on holiday. It combines my love of food, exploring, and constantly taking photos of the plates in front of me. I've found some incredible places on this trip and I can't wait to share each of them with you. Food is such an important part of any holiday experience and it allows you to explore a new location in a totally new way. This time in Hawaii we have gone back to some old favorites, while also spending more time hunting out the best spots to eat at. Here's the start of my Hawaiian food series:




Breakfast
We always choose to rent apartments when we travel for a few reasons. One being that it's much cheaper, two because the location is often better, and three being that they usually come with a kitchen. Making your own breakfast while on vacation is actually pretty good! I get the comfort of having my oats and you get to try the fresh fruit while you're here. By the way, Hawaiian bananas are the best! They're so sweet and delicious. Plus we got 2 big punnets of strawberries for $7, which is unheard of at home. So good starting my with something familiar and healthy (just in case I get tempted later!)






Kona Coffee Purveyors
Time for a stop at our favorite coffee house! If you like a good cup of strong Hawaiian coffee that is treated so beautifully, then Kona is for you. Not only that, as we walking in the scent of freshly baked croissants hit us and we instantly went to the cabinet to see what they had. I started with a cold brew drink (so good) then Steve and I shared two flavored croissants: pineapple & coconut, chocolate & banana. Both were amazing and just the treat we needed after a sweaty run. 





Waikiki Beachside Bistro 
We have walked past this place so many times, not realizing that it was a hidden gem. After having some fun in the water, we all got peckish and decided to try the burger joint on the corner. If you're swimming on the main part of Waikiki beach, it's right behind the lifeguard station. They serve lighter meals as well as plates that make you wanna dig in. Everyone loved their burgers and the onion ring were some of the best I've had. My lunch was the blacked "catch of the day" plate, which was so filling and delicious. It was fresh and just what I needed to recharge on a hot day. Don't overlook this place because they know their way around a grill. 







Leonard's Bakery 
When you're scrolling food blogs to see where to eat in Hawaii they all mention the same place: Leonard's. It looks just like a humble, and fun, bakery, and all of their famous malasadas are made fresh. Ours came out piping hot, but we were too busy drooling over them to wait until they were cool. Let me tell you, they lived up to the hype! Slightly crispy on the outside with a delicious churro-like taste to the centre. If I hadn't eaten so much at lunch I would be going back in for seconds! They only cost $1.25 each but we bought a dozen of them because we knew we would want more later. This place does get busy, so try be there in the late afternoon to beat the crowds. 







International Market-Place, The Street
This is a relatively new part of the Waikiki scene (opened in May) but we quickly found it to be a favorite. At the canal end of the mall, you'll find an eatery tucked away that's full of glorious food options! You can get ribs, pizza, tacos, cocktails, shaved ice, acai bowls, burgers, and the one I went for, ramen. I felt like something on the healthier side and I can't turn down garlic prawns. The mushrooms that came with it were very tasty as well, I would definitely go back. With so many options to choose from, the Street is such a great option if you're traveling with a group. I'm going back for the tacos! 


I hope you enjoyed this day of eating in Waikiki. I'll be trying a lot more places and will get back to you with the best ones. Sorry if this post makes you hungry, but I can't help sharing all of the amazing foods this place has to offer.

Until next time, Steph x.
                                                

4 comments :

  1. My lord, this all looks sooooo yummy!!! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the best things about Hawaii is the food!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Food is definitely such an important part of a holiday and it looks like this food didn't disappoint! The croissants and malasadas looked so good!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely! Oh I ate so many pastries on this trip lol so worth it though.
    Steph :)

    ReplyDelete