Daily Blog: French Toast Friday & Mexi-Bowl!

Saturday 14 January 2017




Friday 13th January 2017 




Good morning! 
Steve has come over for a post-workout breakfast, which is much deserved after our CrossFit class. It's all prep for the open coming up, so we are being pushed harder than ever. 
I'll just give you the workout and you'll see what I mean: 

AMRAP 
(As Many Reps As Posible)

5 min Power Snatch
4 min 200m Runs
3 min Box Jumps
2 min Burpee Box Jumps
1 min Thrusters 

Hang Snatch (1 rep max, but I practiced 5 at a lower weight)
1km Run for time

I knew at the start to pace myself, and it was definitely a smart idea. I got 85 reps in total and the run took me 4.48min. I was hesitant on the box jumps after hitting my shin again (when will I learn!) but I still felt good. I've felt less confident this week in class, but today I was quite proud of myself for being smarter about my limits.









Time for French Toast Friday! It's officially going to be a thing and we are pretty excited about it. All I did was mix a few eggs with almond milk and coated the seeded bread. Topped with lots of fruit and a little golden syrup (since we were out of maple.) And just to make it perfect, we watched the second half of Monsters Inc.!





Just catching up on some blog posts and seeing what my favorite bloggers are up to on Twitter. Reading some really great stuff today!






It's about 10am, so of course I'm hungry again. I've put together a little deconstructed sushi bowl with 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 an avocado, and a 95g tin of tuna. Topped with a little soy sauce and done! I've covered healthy carbs, protein, and good fats all in the one bowl. Some toasted sesame seeds on top would have made this perfect.









Just went for our usual run and both of us felt really strong today! We kept a good pace and finished earlier than usual. As a reward, we have come to our favorite place: Pure Cafe Co. I went for my favorite Mexi Bowl and Mum got an avocado bruscetta with kale salad on the side. It's delicious and has all clean ingredients, so my body is going to feel awesome. Milo joined us for a while too.





I've said it before and I'll say it again; the best thing about being an adult is being able to buy myself Kinder Surprise eggs whenever I fill up my car at the petrol station. My inner eight year old is very happy right now.





I got a My Little Pony! She's so cute.




After putting away our groceries that were delivered (how have we not done this before?! Saves so much stress) I published my blog collab with Lucy from The Blossom Twins blog! This has been in the making for a few months and I'm so happy it's finally out. You can go over to Lucy's blog and see the bars I sent her and what she thought.






I'm having a healthy wrap as an afternoon snack, filled with pesto, avocado, baby spinach, yellow peppers, and feta cheese.




Home from another crazy night of work, but thankfully I have this gorgeous plate of food to look forward to! We're having corn fritters (made with buckwheat flour) and a watermelon salad on the side. We also added some smoked salmon and tzatziki dressing to make it even better.





I was craving a smoothie bowl, so I blended frozen blueberries, half a banana, oats, and some natural yogurt. It turned out amazing! Just like fruit ice cream but without the added sugars. I have a feeling that I'll be making this a lot now!



Since I love Kinder Eggs, what treats do you buy for yourself that you loved as a kid? I'd love to know!
Steph x.


Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' :)




6 comments :

  1. I'm running out of great descriptive words to describe how much I love reading your posts Steph! They are so colourful and fun and just make me smile so big!! :) Our mum once tried to bribe us with kinder eggs if we got our ears pierced at 7 years old, needless to say we still got our kinder eggs but came out with just the pen dots on our ears!! We didn't pierce them till we were 21!! haha but yay for Kinder eggs! Mini eggs at Easter time always make us happy, whether it's a childhood thing I don't know but we love them!! I even had them in milkshake glasses at my wedding! :p
    It was awesome doing a collab with you again, I have to think of something I could do with you...oooh my brain is ticking!!! yay!
    Hope you had a great weekend!
    Kelly xxx
    www.theblossomtwins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha aw that means so much Kelly! I'm so happy that you girls enjoyed Kinder Eggs as kids too! OMG I only recently discovered the joy that is Mini Eggs at Easter, so good :D That would have been so cool at a wedding!
      I would love to collab with you! Maybe something fandom related would be cool to do since we love the same things.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. YUM. All of your pictures look so delicious!! I keep meaning to try smoothie bowls as they always look so delicious and colorful. That's definitely going to be something I try when the weather gets warmer! Good luck on training for the games! I have a friend training now too. She's pretty much always in a state of soreness lol

    Katie | www.overthemoony.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You'll love smoothie bowls, they're easier to put together than you think. It's so cool that you have a friend who does CrossFit too! Haha I know how she feels to be sore. I wish her the best too :)
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. It looks so delicious! I am after lunch now and I am already hungry because of this post :)

    dazzlera.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha sorry! I do love sharing pictures of food.
      Steph x.

      Delete