Disneyland Bucket list: How did I do?

Monday 19 September 2016






I think making a bucket list for every exciting place you travel to is such a brilliant idea. It lets you get the most out of your time and your goals for the trip are more meaningful. I made a Disneyland Bucket list before heading away, and after reading Paige's Disneyland Paris Bucket list Revisited post on her blog, I thought it would be cool to share mine too! She got up to some awesome stuff, so make sure you go check out it out.


My day at Disneyland was full of fun with my family. It made us all feel young and we all laughed so hard going on rides together. It's a day that I will never forget and hopefully I can go back soon to explore more of what Disney has to offer. Especially when the new Star Wars park opens!


Here's how I did on my list! 


Buy a pair of Minnie ears and wear them the whole day

Done! After a little exploring we stopped for coffee on Main Street and planned what to do next. We walked passed a little store selling clothing and I found my fluffy pair of ears. I probably should have waited to see some other designs, but I love the classic pair. Didn't take them off until we went to bed! I actually almost lost them on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, but luckily we were sitting at the front!


Eat a Mickey-shaped churro (or two) 

One thing's for sure, Disney make the best churros! I never found one shaped like Mickey Mouse, but I did eat a normal one during the parade. It was delicious and crispy; really craving one now!


Ride the Tea Cups with my Mum 

This has to be one of my favorite memories of the day. All four of us piled into a cup and my Dad spun it so fast that we were all cracking up laughing. It definitely felt like something out of Alice and Wonderland. I'll never forget going on this ride and sharing the experience with my family. 


Touch Snow White's Apple & hear the Witches' laugh

Yup, this was spooky! I didn't touch this one myself, but I did dare my brother to go do it and it was quite the surprise. We also stood outside the ride and waited for the Evil Queen to appear in the window. She's so scary!


Get my hands on Dole Whip from the Tiki Room

Sadly this was one that I didn't achieve that day. Every time we walked past, there were huge cues and they weren't letting people inside the Tiki Room for a while. I decided to give it a miss, but I will definitely go back and try my luck again next time.


Explore Cinderella's Castle

I have to admit that seeing this iconic castle for the first time was a little surreal. I never got to look inside because no one else in my family was very interested, but it's something I may have to take my Mum along to on our next visit.


Ride Splash Mountain (and get soaked) 

We had really bad timing for this one, especially since it's such a popular ride. We first came across it around lunch time, but all I could think about was food (of course.) Then it was late-afternoon when the weather was cooling down, so I didn't want to aggravate my fading cold by getting wet. I'm disappointed we didn't make this one, but at least now we know to get our timing right!


Take a picture in front of the castle



Done! And I even wore my Minnie ears for it too. The castle was a lot smaller than I was expecting, but still so magical to see it in real life. I can only imagine what it must have been like when the park first opened.


Stay and watch the fireworks show

This was the most magical experience of the whole day. We were lucky to get a great view of the castle and it was honestly better than I expected. Shooting stars, the best Disney songs (See the Light from Tangled!) and light projections on Main Street to include everyone. I got emotional watching it and I can't wait to bring my own children to see it someday!


Yell "Andy's coming!" at Toy Story characters and see f they fall down

It was actually really hard to spot Disney characters throughout the day. I only saw the Mad Hatter and Alice, plus Aladdin and Jasmine (who looked just like the animated character!) and finally Goofy. I never managed to spot the Toy Story characters, but I might use the Disney app and track them down next time. I'm dying to see if this works!


Make a wish in Snow White's well 

This one was tricky to find actually, and by the time we did find it, they had roped off the area for the parade :( I was really looking forward to doing this and from what I saw of the little area it was so cute! On our quest to see if we could get through, we did wander through Pixie Hollow, and that was really cool to see. Not a total loss after all!


Visit the Star Wars Launch Bay & check out the props

Tomorrowland was the first part pf the park that we explored, mainly because my family is all mad on Star Wars (myself included.) Launch Bay was such a cool exhibit and they had full costumes and models from the actual movies. It's also where you can meet certain characters and I had the coolest experience meeting Kylo Ren!


Overall I think I did pretty well! Next time I will know all the tricks, like hitting the busy rides while everyone is at the parades. I am itching to go back already and tick off the rest of my bucket list! 

What would be on your Disney list? 

Steph x.


No comments:

Post a Comment