First Trimester Saviors

Sunday 21 October 2018




Now that the big news is out I can finally chat about all the things that have been making this time A LOT easier. I'm in my second trimester now and it's true what they say, there really is a lot of hope on the horizon. At 16 weeks along I am officially over the daily nausea and my energy is coming back. I'm even back to running with my Mum on the weekends and feeling really good about it. 

If you're newly pregnant (congrats!) or know someone that is I hope this post helps in some way. Or even if you're like me and have always been curious about pregnancy and wanna learn some tips now. I'm more than happy to share what made the hardest trimester a little easier. 





Yoga Pants 
And I'm talking the stretchiest, most comfy pairs you can get your hands on. I was bloated for the longest time, so I never wanted to wear jeans. Then once the 11/12 weeks bump came in (cutest feeling ever!) anything tight got really uncomfortable. It's like wearing a wire bra all day, you know the feeling? Pregnancy is the best excuse to wear your comfiest leggings, so embrace it!


Sugar-Free Hot Chocolate 
If coffee is a big part of your routine, like me, sometimes you need a hot beverage in the afternoon. I started craving fluffy hot chocolates and found a brand that does an amazing sugar-free version! Since I've craved sour gummy candy this whole pregnancy, it's a great way to keep my sugar levels down.


Berry Smoothies
I've been really diligent with my nutrition throughout my pregnancy, with my baby's growth and well-being in mind. But food aversions can make it impossible to want to eat anything other than mac and cheese. Luckily, being a fruit fanatic my go-to morning breakfast became berry smoothies. They're amazing because you can pack them with so many super-foods to make sure your body is getting what it needs to grow a healthy bubs. Oats, spinach, banana, natural yogurt, and berries for vitamin c.


Snacks. Snacks. Snacks!
Since your eating will be all over the place (thanks hormones) you never know when you'll actually feel hungry again or just need something to settle your stomach. My bag has been filled with snack containers constantly and it's made my day so much easier. Things like crackers, dried fruit, nuts, or rice cakes are amazing to keep handy. I found a brand of crackers I was obsessed with and it was such a comfort to have them with me constantly.


Fellow Pregnant Gals On Social Media
Carly Rowena, Colleen Ballinger, and a few IRL girls I know from school have been giving me inspo for what might be coming my way, and maybe why I'm so lucky I haven't been very sick. I love looking at baby hauls and what foods people have been craving. I love following pregnancies anyway but it's even more fun when you're expecting too. No one wants to feel alone on this journey, so follow all the girls that help keep good vibes.


Let me know how you might have found the first trimester and what helped. Or if you just wanna chat about how amazing yoga pants are, leave me a comment down below!

Steph x.





  

1 comment :

  1. I'm so nervous for the first trimester whenever I become a mama one day because nausea is my LEAST fav thing in the world! Definitely going to save this post & come back to it when that time comes. (A long way into the future haha.) Those smoothies sound sooo good, similar to one I like to make myself a few mornings out of the week :)

    twinklexthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete