10 Things: My Week In Highlights #6

Sunday 13 March 2016




Hello Everyone! 
It's been a little while since I've done one of these and I kinda missed it. If you're not sure, 10 Things is a series on my blog where I pick out my ten highlights of the week to share with you, as well as making myself get into the habit of looking at the positives. My week was actually really great and full of a few unexpected surprises! 

The Night Manager 
One of my favorite actors, Tom Hiddleston has teamed up with Hugh Laurie in a new TV series and it's brilliant. It's a crime drama that also deals with social issues, along with the action of good-guy vs the bad-guy. For once New Zealand isn't delayed by a month and has been keeping up with episodes from the UK.


Filming for the Death Cure begins 
You guys know I love the Maze Runner movies (and books, of course) and they are finally starting to film the third installment in Vancouver! The last book was actually my favorite of the series, so I'm really excited to see what they do with it.

Nutritionist Check-Up
It's been nearly a year since I got my last BMI done at my gym and I was really interested to see how I had improved. And it was great news! I've lost 9cm off my waist, my cells are all healthy, and I've put on muscle. It feels so good to have my gym proud of me for working hard and eating right. It's definitely all worth it.

New Civil War Trailer 
Best thing to wake up to on a Friday morning! I'm incredibly excited about this movie and this second trailer has me even more anxious to see it. Gotta say that I'm digging Spider-man's new suit. But I'm still #TeamCap.




Mini book haul! 
The first thing I usually do on pay day is buy myself a couple new books and this week's purchases were pretty exciting. After seeing pictures floating around on Instagram and Twitter of the latest book by Cassandra Clare, I have been dying to get my hands on a copy of Lady Midnight. I also bought the third book in the Throne of of Glass series and I am so excited to dive back in and see what kind of trouble Celeana gets into this time. 

New Journal Project 
I came across a really cute journal the other day and it sparked an idea. I'm calling it my Happiness journal where I write down little thoughts I have throughout the day and then I look back on it at night before I go to bed. I love projects like this and I might do a proper blog post on it for you soon.

Vintage Taylor Swift 
One of Taylor's older songs came on in the car the other day and it was actually really nice to go back to when she had that country-vibe going on. I still love her recent stuff, but this was really fun for a bit of car-karaoke.

12km run in the bag!
My Mum and me always do running events around this time of year. We don't compete, we just like beating our own times and seeing how we go. This run was quite lovely since it took us around farm lands and it was great training for next weeks 15km one! 

A Court of Thorns and Roses, by Sarah J Maas
So many people have raved about this book and now I get why. It did take me a little while to get into it, but once I was hooked all I wanted to do was keep reading. I will have more detailed review up for you soon!

Renewed productivity
This week has been a bit slow on my blog and I've just felt uninspired for ideas. But by Saturday morning I kicked myself in the butt and got stuck into some planning and now I finally feel like I'm organized. Hallelujah!


What were some highlights from your week? 
Steph x.

7 comments :

  1. Loved this! Managing to do a 10k was definitely a highlight of my week too!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a good book haul, I loved the Death Cure as well as the other two books in the series. I agree about Taylor Swift, I love her new stuff but every now and then I'll jam to good old country Taylor!

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Let's hope the movie turns out as good as the last two. Glad you agree! I feel like she was a bit sassier with her songs back then too, I'm currently loving Mean all over again.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. I would love to see your journal. I am obsessed with journaling of all sorts and would be happy to have nosey at yours. Wink.
    Taylor Swift's music has always been too dear to me. I loved her song Mine from Speak Now & song You Belong With Me from Fearless. Her latest music is such amazing, no doubt. But the old is definitely gold!!!

    Noor | Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet, I will definitely get a post out soon! Glad your love journals too : )
      Such good songs! I always listen to those when I'm in a lovey/crushing on someone mood <3 I agree!
      Steph x.

      Delete