Blog Collab: My Top 5 Excercises At the Gym

Tuesday 3 May 2016



Hello Everyone! Today's post is a collab with the amazing girls from sweetisalwaysinstyle blog, Lucy and Kelly, who are two of my favorite bloggers. Among our mutual loves, which also includes Chris Evans & Chuck, is all things fitness. There is nothing better than having blog friends cheer you on with your training and these girls are always amazing and keep me inspired. We thought it would be fun to share our favorite exercises to do at the gym and really emphasize how everyone is different in what they like to do, but we are all awesome for working hard for the same goal. Make sure you head over to see what Lucy's favorite exercises are!

My gym favorites have definitely evolved since I have been working out. I meet with my trainer once a month to update whatever routines I'm doing, so he's always teaching me new things to try. I seem to have gravitated more towards weights, rather than cardio-based workouts. There's something so satisfying about lifting and building your strength. I'm at the gym five days a week, so I have to make sure to find exercises that are just as fun as they are effective.

Squats




I think we all know why this one is an amazing exercise to do. Nothing boosts your self-esteem quite like having a booty that looks great in jeans! By adding weights, it's a really great strength challenge that will leave you sore for days on end. I was embarrassingly excited the day my trainer first showed me how to use the bar (I wanted to look tough, like those fit chicks on Instagram.) My best weight is about 65kgs so far, but I'm currently focusing on my depth and building my weight back up.
I'm a very happy girl if I walk into the gym on leg day and the squat rack is free!

Deadlifts



My trainer introduced me to this a while ago and I fell in love with it quickly. It's great for an all-over body workout that you can throw into any routine at the gym, especially of you are low on time. I find it's a really fun way to build your strength and stamina whilst getting your sweat on. It's also great if the gym if full of guys and you wanna look as tough as them while you work out ; )

Tricep dips



This is something I've been working on a lot lately and it's been a really fun challenge. I started out using a thin band to help me at first, but I built my strength up after a week or so. It's perfect for toning under the arms, which is a MAJOR target area for me. It's more of a challenge than you think when you just use your body weight. Make sure your arm hits a 90* angle! 

Bicep Curls 




 Now, this one makes me feel like a bit of a super hero. It's by far my favorite part of arm day and even though I'm only pulling about 18kgs so far, I know I'm getting stronger. I love that feeling of how much it's toning your biceps too, like "Hell yeah! new muscles!" Gotta make arm day fun.

Boxing 



  I'll be honest, this is probably my ultimate love when it comes to fitness. It's pretty high-intensity and tests your endurance like nothing else, but it's the most satisfying workout for me. I do this once a week with my trainer as a way of having a bit of fun doing something different in my routine. He mixes it up for me each week, but it almost always includes crunches and general HIIT moves. I let him be tough on me in exchange for a flat stomach. It's a fair trade, really. Plus, if any boys are mean to me I'll know how to throw a good punch! (essential life-skill.)




Photo credit goes to my awesome trainer, Josh. I wouldn't look half as good without you pushing me and kicking my ass every week. And there's not many people who would climb on top of the squat rack just to help me get a good pic. You're even cooler than Aquaman and Deadpool combined!


I want to thank Lucy for coming up with the idea for our collab. Make sure you go and check out what her favorite exercises are and have a look around her and Kelly's blog! It's one of my favorites :)
I really wish I didn't live so far away from these girls, so that we could hang out properly! They also have a great YouTube channel that I have been watching a lot lately.


What are your favorite exercises to do? Either at the gym or at home.
Steph x.

13 comments :

  1. Damn, you have a great trainer! Thumbs up for being this awesome. Also, I love your choice of exercises. I'd love to try boxing as well. I think it would be very fun and challenging for me :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha he's the best! Thanks so much, you should definitely give boxing a go. You would love it : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Ohhhhh the deadlift! I always love that one...but mainly because it's a welcome break from squatting in my pump fit classes!

    PS. Your figure/booty/general everything is FINE. If I look like you one day...I'd be a happy woman!

    Katie. xx La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deadlifts are amazing! Haha fair enough on that one.
      OMG THANK YOU! That's so sweet of you to say! : D
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. Yay, love this Steph!! :) You look incredibly awesome and kick ass! Thank you for being so sweet and for doing this with me, I loved it so much, can't wait to collaborate again! :) <3

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! I'm so glad you liked it : ) Let's collab again soon!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. Wow, you go girl! These definitely look like they are working, you look fabulous! Your blog is so lovely, Steph :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! It's nice to know my hard work is paying off : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  5. Haha I love how he got up there and took that photo! Wondered how you had got it. Weights are my favourite, I love the body pump classes too. Feel so much better after weights than I do cardio xx

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yeah he's the best! It was his idea too. Yes!! Weights over cardio any day *high-five*
      Steph x.

      Delete
  6. You are helping others to grow their knowledge by sharing such a valuable information very helpful. I want to thank you for this informative post. I really appreciate sharing this great post. Thanks for sharing this great article. Great information thanks a lot for the detailed article.
    frankston gyms

    ReplyDelete
  7. sumnecorhe Melissa Lopez Download
    masolmota

    ReplyDelete