SURPRISE!

Wednesday 3 October 2018





Another day, another blogger announces she's pregnant!

On New Years I tweeted something like : 
2017 Plant Mom
2018 Dog Mom
2019 Real Mom 

And what would you know? Our little jelly bean is due April 2019 and we are so excited! And not to mention relieved that this is not a Christmas baby. Of the six of us in my immediate family, five of us have birthdays in December. It's already a crazy month!





So was this all planned? Actually yes. 

I know Steve and I aren't married yet or own our home, but we had an emotional couple of months thinking I was pregnant (on accident) when I wasn't. I had every symptom under the sun, but all tests were negative. I still have no idea what was going on with my body but it made us ask each other if we wanted to start a family. And of course we did :) 

I've always loved the idea of being pregnant and in those few months I had embraced the idea of this new role. I've wanted it my whole life and the timing right now feels perfect. It feels like the biggest blessing. 


How have I been feeling in the first trimester? 

I've felt super-lucky to have had such a mild case of nausea these past few months. I've only skipped a couple of meals and haven't had to take any time off work. Although I have stopped training CrossFit, not because it's dangerous but I've been feeling like I'll throw up if I do anything intense. Food aversions make it a little hard as there's usually only one thing you feel like. For me it's been ALL the carbs: mac and cheese, toast, any kind of potato dish, cheese pizza. 

My other cravings have been: 
Sour Candy
Tuna Subway subs
Falafel
Oranges
Apples
Noodles
Tuna Sushi
Tomato crackers

And on our holiday in Hawaii all I ever wanted was a big bowl of guacamole. 
My craving today is freshly baked rolls with lots of butter. 

I miss runny poached eggs so much. And McDonald's soft serve.  And eating sushi without worrying I'm gonna get some kind of disease. I went off porridge and scrambled eggs for the longest time. It's so hard to eat healthy when you only want carbs!
But what I'm getting at the end will make all of it worth it.





So what's the plan now? 

I've been slowly buying baby bits (that I'm excited to share!) And I'll do a whole post on how were are prepping for baby on a budget. I'm going to start doing my 365 Days of Happy posts again and maybe some pregnancy Day In The Life ones where I share cravings, hauls, and the usual stuff. My boyfriend even thought it would be a great idea to start a new mommy Instagram where I share 365 days stuff on there too, sort of as a way to document my pregnancy and then bubs arrival. It would be super cool to look back on. 

So you can expect baby as well as wedding stuff, and the usual lifestyle posts.




So come join me on this super scary and exciting journey!
Let me know if you are curious about anything or if you are expecting too. I want to document everything about this time of my life. 

Steph x. 





7 comments :

  1. OMG Steph! Congrats. I was wondering when your baby shower pins popped up on Pinterest lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so excited for you Steph! Congratulations and best of luck with the rest of the pregnancy! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow congratulations lovely! How exciting for you!! I am excited to follow your journey, I wish you all the best for your pregnancy... eeeekkk!! xx


    http://lifeofellabella.blogspot.com/2018/10/travel-my-goals-and-my-fears.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is awesome Steph!!! So happy for you, and can't wait to read more about you journey! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww congratulations! :D

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS LOVELY!!!! This is amazing news & I'm so happy for you! I cannot WAIT to hear more as you & baby continue to grow xxx

    twinklexthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete